Synthetic Engine Oil, what do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBull

Mar 31, 2002
Punggol
Visit site
Which brand Synthetic engine oil for cars do you use? what rating? 5W40? 5W30? etc?

Anyone using or tried exotic brands apart from the usual Shell Helix Ultra, Mobil1, etc?

if for normal use..a friend of mine highly recommends Xrev 5w30. Thinner, super smooth, efficient etc.

Mine still under agent warranty so must go back to C&C...they use std Shell Helix 5W40 fully sync :sweat:

If you have good workshop...you might want to try these out...the Red line is pretty hot with the car enthusias community :) 5W30 or even 5W20 to give your car better pick up and petrol saving...but some say it's not so good for heavy driving due to lower viscocity.....to me it's not an issue since we hardly whack our car in our driving condition...even on NS highway....I do 140km/h max and hardly rev about 3000rpm :lovegrin:

http://www.mxtradings.com/mxtradings.htm

Mine still under agent warranty so must go back to C&C...they use std Shell Helix 5W40 fully sync :sweat:

If you have good workshop...you might want to try these out...the Red line is pretty hot with the car enthusias community :) 5W30 or even 5W20 to give your car better pick up and petrol saving...but some say it's not so good for heavy driving due to lower viscocity.....to me it's not an issue since we hardly whack our car in our driving condition...even on NS highway....I do 140km/h max and hardly rev about 3000rpm :lovegrin:

http://www.mxtradings.com/mxtradings.htm

wat car are you driving? 140kmh and still not 3k rpm!

Been recommended Redline and Motul for exotic brands.

How does these compare to the regulars like Shell Helix Ultra and Mobil 1?

Anyone usinng the exotics and have any feedback?

I used Mobil1 gold 5W30 before....honestly speaking....I can't feel much different....maybe mine is not a high performance car :sweatsm:

Been using Carlube all the while in my Swift... dun have any comparisons to make, but so far car oso can move leh... :bsmilie: btw, I'm using 5W40...

Motul 0w20 has one of the finest oil in the market as it contains double esther additives. The engine runs cooler somewhat through my own experience. FC wise, it might help abit. However, it really depends on what type of car you have. If the weight is too thin, it may not be suitable for high torque engines like heavy duty utility vehicles.

But it aint cheap. try it to feel some difference after the first tank. For a really dirty engine, please clean engine with one round of normal oil+filter change for 500km and flush it off. Then replace filter and add motul.

I am no expert, but i do love cars.

Redline...... :thumbsup: been using them for some time already. Besides Redline, I also used mobile 1 before. Can't really tell the diff between the 2. But then I use redline because i get good discount... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.