Sync 2 iphone on 1 PC

ant0800

Nov 26, 2010
Punggol
My wife currently using Iphone 3GS and using our home laptop to sync... if I were to change to iPhone4... will there be any problems/issues to differentiate the 2 phones when we sync on the same laptop? some friend told me that itune will merge the sync and our contacts/files/applications will be combined... anyone has same experience or a solution? :dunno:

My wife currently using Iphone 3GS and using our home laptop to sync... if I were to change to iPhone4... will there be any problems/issues to differentiate the 2 phones when we sync on the same laptop? some friend told me that itune will merge the sync and our contacts/files/applications will be combined... anyone has same experience or a solution? :dunno:

No prob, as long as you use a different iPhone ID name.

Apps can be used on both too... But not too sure about contacts sync tho.

Hope it helps.

I have not used itunes so also not sure... wife is also not too techie... only plug in and sync her mp3 files... so not too sure will syning 2 iphones create problems... more concerned with contacts and appointments getting merged... :(

btw... i can't seem to sync my apps into my iTunes from my iPod Touch 3G. it will start, then suddenly stop. do i need to update to iOS4 before i can sync? because i'm using the latest iTunes but not the latest iPod Touch OS

btw... i can't seem to sync my apps into my iTunes from my iPod Touch 3G. it will start, then suddenly stop. do i need to update to iOS4 before i can sync? because i'm using the latest iTunes but not the latest iPod Touch OS
I was using IPhone 3G and got itch to upgrade to iOS4, later my system got slow and not that responsive.

If you want to keep the two syncs separate, then you have to create separate accounts (user id) in Windows. You log in to Windows using your account and your wife logs in using hers. This will prevent both iPhones from synching the same stuff e.g. both will have the same songs synced.

This is because iTunes keeps the sync profile in the user profile of Windows. Different user id means different profiles, so you keep your syncs separate.