Not open for further replies.

audibum

Oct 23, 2006
east
DSC_3555.jpg

wow! great star effect from street light
You took it from the centre road divider
:thumbsup:

the horizon is slanted to the right. the light streaks would have been more pronounced if this were shot at a slightly higher angle.

the horizon is slanted to the right. the light streaks would have been more pronounced if this were shot at a slightly higher angle.

ya... can save by using grid lines on PS, then count the number of squares to the left & right, symmetry is by equilibrium... yours have more in 1 than the other.

shot was not pp just cropped, haven't learnt how to PS yet...will learn soon...now just wanna shoot and shoot and shoot...tks for the tips!

yeah, shot a few at higher angle but then the slants on the street lights didn't form an angle nice enough...i preferred this shot over that one...cos that time, no cars were travelling and streaks were even less pronouced..

i hear what u say tho.

shot was not pp just cropped, haven't learnt how to PS yet...will learn soon...now just wanna shoot and shoot and shoot...tks for the tips!

i meant use the grid line to view for distortion, horizon tilt, or non symmetry... quite easy is u draw 4 box, and u will know where is the error.

you should try to get the horizon right when shooting, there should be guiding lines when viewing through the viewfinder

i do have grid lines in my viewfinder...just need to photoshop it

Cool shot :thumbsup:
Nice angle

Hi,

Since you have cropped the photo (nice one I might add !)

Why not tilt it first it photoshop to straighten the horizon, then crop it again as you now have.

Nice shot !

Cheers :)

just re-edited and recropped. looks better?

what do you mean?
i shd crop more either side?

Add some blue's in the background will make the pic better (I think). :) Plus take note of the flare. Touch up if necessary.

is there anyway u can put gridlines starting from centre of pic and not from left? the last column of squares are not fully square

is there anyway u can put gridlines starting from centre of pic and not from left? the last column of squares are not fully square

other than counting squares, alternatively you can put the guiding line, lock it in the centre

DSC_3555_Ed2.jpg

tks
i've adjusted it, as far as i can tell...haha
photoshop crashed...using eyes to crop

much better, still slightly off but less detectable. did you just added cyan?

Status
Not open for further replies.