Symmetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinu

Jun 13, 2005
Singapore
Snow on the rooftiles
I am a newbie to the world of photography
Feel free to comment to make the picture better.:)

fc520e99.jpg

vinu said:
Feel free to comment to make the picture better.:)

The picture reminds me of home, so maybe that's why I like it.

There's one trivial thing that would vastly improve the picture: leave that ugly signature out ;).

The translational symmetry is nice, but maybe it is almost too perfect - if the tiles look all exactly alike, there's no particular spot that would invite the eye to rest. So maybe including an imperfect tile would not be a bad idea. On the other hand, it is hard to tell from a small image - it could be that in the full-resolution image, the details of the snow patches suffice to distinguish the individual tiles.

One last nitpick: the top border of the photo runs through a region without snow, creating the illusion of an irregularity at the very top, which on closer inspection of course isn't there. That also constributes to me feeling a bit restless when looking at the image.

Edit: corrected some garbled text.

LittleWolf said:
The picture reminds me of home, so maybe that's why I like it.

There's one trivial thing that would vastly improve the picture: leave that ugly signature out ;).

The translational symmetry is nice, but maybe it is almost too perfect - if the tiles look all exactly alike, there's no particular spot that would invite the eye to rest. So maybe including an imperfect tile would not be a bad idea. On the other hand, it is hard to tell from a small image - it could be that in the full-resolution image, the details of the snow patches suffice to distinguish the individual tiles.

One last nitpick: the top border of the photo runs through a region without snow, creating the illusion of an irregularity at the very top, which on closer inspection of course isn't there. That also constributes to me feeling a bit restless when looking at the image.

Edit: corrected some garbled text.

Thaks for your advice.
This shot was taken through my window,Unfortunately there was no imperfect tile to include in that frame.
I cropped the image to get a detailed view(looks too noisy), and removed my ugly signature as well;)
Tell me how is this now.

5d0e6487.jpg

Hi friend...
Quite interesting pic because in Singapore no chance to see snow except in snow city...
I could realise that it's snow only after reading your title..
Expect to see more pics..
Thanks for sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.