Sydney Photos!

Changster95

Apr 25, 2010
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Any area: colour, exposure, composition?
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Portray the beauty of the sydney opera house...
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
night, tripod used.
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
its nice eh? but im looking forward to improving.

30424_405063672137_826127137_4200285_2832769_n.jpg

nice but can i ask why you left so much room for the sky since there is nothing special about the sky?

nice but can i ask why you left so much room for the sky since there is nothing special about the sky?

Good point! I think the reflection on the water will look better than the plain dark sky.

Last edited:
Good point! I think the reflection on the water will look better than the plain dark sky.

I thought from where he stand, if he shoot more of the below, may end up reveal more of the pavement, blocking the reflection.

I like the sharpness of the picture.:thumbsup:

I don't know whether it was intended but some colours are missing in the photo. Could be a unique style though. :)

Yeah maybe if you could show more of the water reflection, it will be a nicer shot...provided you can find a good spot that don't show the pavement.

Not sure if its my screen, but I find the bottom part of the Opera house too bright as there's alot of lights there. Perhaps can try reducing the shutter exposure a little & see the effect. :)

there is def a spot to catch more of the reflection.

I love the angle that you took in this shot.

You could consider including more of the water next time considering the lights would cast a beautiful reflection off it rather than the dull skies.

I love the placement of your watermark as well. Sort of balances the whole composition of the photo.