Sydney (NSW) Photo spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

fz30_user

May 5, 2006
Hi Guys,

I'm going for business trip in Sydney - NSW on March for 4 days. Can someone suggest where to take some good photos? And probably suggest some interesting place to go also :) My only chance might be around 6pm onwards only :(

Thanks.

March is late summer in Sydney. Hopefully there is still plenty of ambient light around 6pm . Bring a tripods along. To give you an example 7.30pm now the sky is still bright as anything these days.

To a visitor Sydney Harbour Foreshore is probably one of the better and convenient places for photography. Catch trains or buses to Circular Quay in the city and short walk from there are the scenic spots for photography.

Sion
Sydney

With late summer/early spring and daylight savings, you should still have some good just before dusk light around 6pm onwards. Also, a good opportunity for some nice early evening shots during the so called "blue" hour just after the sun sets, so bring a tripod if you can or at least a bean bag.

As Sion suggested, Sydney harbour foreshore is a good place - for a slightly different take on the beautiful Sydney harbour, instead of going to Circular Quay, you can go to Milson's Point which is just over the bridge - it will give you a different (and less often seen, and I think better) view of the harbour. If you're into swimming you can go swim in the salt water pool there - I highly recommend it, swimming there at night and looking up at the view of the bridge right above your head.

Thanks guys.. Is public transport there good? Or should I rent a car? Just carrying a tripod and 400D :)

Thanks guys.. Is public transport there good? Or should I rent car? Just carrying a tripod and 400D :)

Public transport is :thumbsup:. Buses and trains and ferries will get you anywhere and taxis too.

From Circular Quay you can also walk across Harbour Bridge to Milson's Point side.

This one I took from Milson's Point side. Those tall buidings side is called Circular Quay. Trains also get you to Milson's Point:

harbour.jpg

Hey guys, can share more pix??? :cool:

You may want to consider Watson Bay too. Do a google search on watson bay sydney pbase or something like that..

Thanks guys. I'm also targetting to visit Blue Mountain. Is 1/2 day enough to check it out by public transpo? I'm planning to squeeze it in before my flight back to SG. ;p

no way to make it for blue mts in half day. blue mts about 2-3 hrs drive (1 way) from the city, need at least 1 day.

& if u gonna hang around in the city area, better take public transport den drive. parking there is impossible, or exorbitant...

Thanks guys. I'm also targetting to visit Blue Mountain. Is 1/2 day enough to check it out by public transpo? I'm planning to squeeze it in before my flight back to SG. ;p

No way! ;) I rented a car and drove to Blue Mountain. Spent a day and a night there. Still not enough! :D

Your timing is tight. Stick to what Virgo has suggested. Do not attempt to cover too many locations with too little time.

Have you seen this thread?

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=258482

Half day is a bit too short lah. Mybe go in the morning and come back late afternoon is possible if you know what you are looking for.

There are one-day bus tours to Blue Mountains from Sydney.

Here's one of my Bondi Beach photos:

Bondi.jpg

Better spend your half day see more of Sydney e.g. Bondi Beach, South Head, Manly, NSW Art Gallery etc. There is a excursion bus going round Sydney touristy spots called Sydney Explorer Bus. You just hop on and off whenever you like and wait for the next one to come. It's red in colour.

Have you seen this thread?

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=258482

Half day is a bit too short lah. Mybe go in the morning and come back late afternoon is possible if you know what you are looking for.

There are one-day bus tours to Blue Mountains from Sydney.

Better spend your half day see more of Sydney e.g. Bondi Beach, South Head, Manly, NSW Art Gallery etc. There is a excursion bus going round Sydney touristy spots called Sydney Explorer Bus. You just hop on and off whenever you like and wait for the next one to come. It's red in colour.

i think the red bus is called sydney explorer

Thanks so much for the info Sion, Xaviertte, Dicam :)

i think the red bus is called sydney explorer

Ahem... ;) there is red and blue bus and they are all called Sydney Explorer. It just that it ply different route. Check it out at the tourist information center near The Rock. You can pick up brochures from there F.O.C.:) The staffs there are helpful and they will assist you in planning your trip. Enjoy your visit to Sydney!

Try to avoid the taxi unless u can claim back from the company.

Sion,

Where roughly is bondi beach? Can't seem to find it in google earth.

Btw, any food places to try? around 30-40/meal SGD budget?

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.