Switching systems all the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chyeo

May 6, 2002
Woodlands
Hey guys, my friend recently asked me why I keep changing systems so I thought I'll post here and I'm curious why people change systems too.

1993-2001 Canon EOS 500N
2001-2003 Nikon F90X (changed due to build of Nikon bodies)
2003 Canon EOS 3, D30 (changed due to speed of L lenses)
Now Contax N1, getting Nikon D100 too (changed due to superiority of Zeiss lens, and superb performance n build of D100)

What about you?

i suppose you are a rich man's kid?

Goldmember said:
i suppose you are a rich man's kid?

No I'm not.

1993-2001 Canon EOS 500N
2001-2003 Nikon F90X (sold Canon and used some savings)
2003 Canon EOS 3, D30 (sold Nikon and used some earnings from freelance work)
Now Contax N1, getting Nikon D100 too (sold Canon and used earnings from freelance work)

Get it? I buy things using the cash I earned, not some rich man's kid.

And BTW, all camera equipment paid by ME, not my parents.

if you never change your system, you'll be a richer man now... do the changes bring you additional revenue? what is the return on investment? Or are the changes purely for self-satisfaction/intangible benefits?

chyeo said:
Hey guys, my friend recently asked me why I keep changing systems so I thought I'll post here and I'm curious why people change systems too.

1993-2001 Canon EOS 500N
Now Contax N1, getting Nikon D100 too (changed due to superiority of Zeiss lens, and superb performance n build of D100)

What about you?

All these changes are xiao er ke lah, wait till u touch a Leica M :bsmilie: :devil:

mpenza said:
if you never change your system, you'll be a richer man now... do the changes bring you additional revenue? what is the return on investment? Or are the changes purely for self-satisfaction/intangible benefits?

Quite true mpenza, from my 500N to F90X confirm got bring in revenue coz I used it to earn enough to buy EOS 3 and D30 at the same time. Similarly, my EOS 3 and D30 earned me enough to switch to my all time fav, Contax. I admit this is purely for personal satisfaction.

i think u will find the performance of the d100 sub par. haha, i should know. Anyways, the choice is all yours. Its funny that u changed back to canon becos of the AF speed and then now u are picking 2 bodies with argueably the slowest AF speed in the market. hmmm..

szekiat said:
i think u will find the performance of the d100 sub par. haha, i should know. Anyways, the choice is all yours. Its funny that u changed back to canon becos of the AF speed and then now u are picking 2 bodies with argueably the slowest AF speed in the market. hmmm..

Yes I agree it's funny I switched to slower systems from Canon (with inital idea of having faster AF)... I admit switch to Contax was my "dream" when I started getting serious abt photography a few yrs back... I told myself I must earn enough to buy a Contax system so...

Why is performance of D100 sub par? Care to share?

so..... have you skill advanced at a level that your camera is a hinderence to you producing quality photos ?

maybe you can describe where the

1) built of nikon bodies
2) Speed of L lenses
3) Quality of Zeiss Lens

helps you take better photos ?

do you..... take photos while mountain climbing ?

or

take photos of say...... a bee darting around the flower bed ?

or

take photos of newspaper taped to a wall ?

maybe you should spend some of that money on film and processing and also some photography course :)

rgs
rueyloon

chyeo said:

1993-2001 Canon EOS 500N

What about you?

I still have that 500N :D

rueyloon said:
so..... have you skill advanced at a level that your camera is a hinderence to you producing quality photos ?

maybe you can describe where the

1) built of nikon bodies
2) Speed of L lenses
3) Quality of Zeiss Lens

helps you take better photos ?

do you..... take photos while mountain climbing ?

or

take photos of say...... a bee darting around the flower bed ?

or

take photos of newspaper taped to a wall ?

maybe you should spend some of that money on film and processing and also some photography course :)

rgs
rueyloon

Thanks for the reminder, rueyloon.

BTW, you having exhibition soon right? Saw some postcards...

defn said:
I still have that 500N :D

Oh u mean you are the one who bought from me last time? :eek:

chyeo said:
Thanks for the reminder, rueyloon.

BTW, you having exhibition soon right? Saw some postcards...

ya :) now don't come and SABO me ok ? :)

chyeo said:
Oh u mean you are the one who bought from me last time? :eek:

no lah! i bought in 1993 also... good film SLR with enough functions for me... =D

rueyloon said:
ya :) now don't come and SABO me ok ? :)

hey no lah... will go support u... can go and learn from you all too :)

defn said:
no lah! i bought in 1993 also... good film SLR with enough functions for me... =D

Alamak... nvm... seems so difficult to find back my 1st body... come to think of it, I shouldn't have sold it man... now keep thinking bout it...

chyeo said:
Alamak... nvm... seems so difficult to find back my 1st body... come to think of it, I shouldn't have sold it man... now keep thinking bout it...

haha... yah.. how much did u get it for then?

defn said:
haha... yah.. how much did u get it for then?

Hmm I think was $800++ with a manual flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.