Swine flu:3pm press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
today, the press conference by dpm wong k s and health minister khaw. live tv and radio telecast.

what's the breaking news? I think my co. server blocks the streaming, can't access it.

../azul123

hi, relax...

know it is a bad flu but sgp is safe and ready.:sweatsm:

we may be bumped to Alert Orange

hi, relax...

know it is a bad flu but sgp is safe and ready.:sweatsm:

No, singapore is not shielded from it totally. there is no preventive vaccine for now.

We still have people going in and out of singapore. It may not only be transmitted via humans. If a rat caught the flu (for eg), the rat hides in a container, comes to singapore by ship and it spreads the flu to people at PSA or handlers... I am not sure if that is possible, but i am not counting that out either.

Already i am seeing some people on face mask on singapore roads. It really looks scary.

Was at TTS hospital earlier and there was detailed screening before allowing anyone to enter the building...:sweat:

I wonder if we should start donning N95 masks, and whether it will help or not...

I wonder if we should start donning N95 masks, and whether it will help or not...

also dun really know how it is transmitted and its lifespan if spread by air molecules.

being overly paranoid is not something we should encourage. but being caught with pants down is also another part we should not get ourselves in.

If i remember correctly, I read from an article during SARS period, the N95 mask is effective for about 90 minutes from the time you wear it on. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.