Swim event

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kinpmup

Hi all!

There is a urgent request for photographers this sun 03Aug for a swimming event. Its a marathon swim that starts at the Bedok jetty and ends at the Merlion at One Fullerton. The organisers are looking for a few photographers to cover this event.

As usual, photographers will be reimbursed the cost of batteries, film or cd (if shooting in g\digital format). This is a volunteer service so there will be no pay but lunch and dinner are provided.

More details:

At 8.30 Grp A photographers meet at East Coast Rd at carpark E2. This is near to the Bedok Jetty.

This group will take the warm up and start of event. Will end abt 11a.m. This group can then call it a day or head down to One fullerton by 2p.m to take more pics of the end of race and prize presentation. Event will end at 5.30 followed by dinner.

At 8.15 Grp B photographers meet at Clifford pier to board a boat to take pics of the race and get close to all the action. Telephoto lenses are rather important, at least a 70-200mm. Will break by 12+ and/or can continue shooting till end of event.

All photographers will acknowleged for their efforts and i still have to check if the final copyrights belongs to whom.

Thanks in advance!!! Please get back to me asap via pm or just reply to this thread.

regards,
kinpmup

Am interested. KIV. Kindly ensure the date though :) will have to keep myself free that day.

Interested to try out. Will be using film for group A photogs, coz dun have long zooms at the moment.

nove going ar? hmmm :D :D

actually i'm more interested in the free food. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

okok, so wat is the confirm date? this sun is not 16th and 16th is not a sunday anyway......

:dunno:

Hi to all!

Thanks for your interests! I made a mistake in the date, its this sunday 3th Aug, hence the urgency.

Swift-monkey, can you let me know if you are willing to stay throughout the event, since grp A photographers can choose to leave after the event has started and all the contestents have left for the Merlion.

Espn, eskie, joho, sorry for my mistake its this coming sunday 3th aug.

Any more pple interested?

Hi kinpmup. Can you pls provide more info regarding the marathon swim, like how to join and what is the distance, and is it open to public? I am really interested. Thank alot. Hope to hear from you soon.

:gbounce:

Originally posted by serendipity
Hi kinpmup. Can you pls provide more info regarding the marathon swim, like how to join and what is the distance, and is it open to public? I am really interested. Thank alot. Hope to hear from you soon.

Sorry but the event is already closed to participants. Anyway its a 10km marathon swim from bedok jetty to the merlion. Its jointly organised by Student Advisory Centre (newly set up charity body) and People's Association. Guest-of-honour that day would be Radm (Ns) Teo Chee Hean.

Anymore pple still interested can pm me still. Hope to see you guys even if you are not participating, you can go down to support also. ;)

Would love to go shoot, but unfortunately this sunday I'm already occupied. Maybe next time :)

Hi. Too bad it is already closed for entry. I am looking forward to such distance swim. :( Too bad. Maybe next time.

But curious how come i didn't see it in the public media? Or did i missed it?

I am interested to be in the Group B photographers. Please let me know if I am in.

I saw the poster in a public pool before. Its some kind of fund raiser too for some charity orgn.

Its a really long swim though, 10km ;p

Originally posted by serendipity
Hi. Too bad it is already closed for entry. I am looking forward to such distance swim. :( Too bad. Maybe next time.

But curious how come i didn't see it in the public media? Or did i missed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.