Sweet Lady posing for me


Status
Not open for further replies.

eadwine

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,937
0
36
40
east side
waaaah the grass very nice :kok:
 

Kevin

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
897
0
0
North West
Visit site
The lady is nice but the photo taking is err....... OK lah. The lady nicer!!!
 

siron

Senior Member
Mar 18, 2002
2,115
0
0
41
somewhere near...
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Kevin
The lady is nice but the photo taking is err....... OK lah. The lady nicer!!!
How would u suggest I improve the shots? Anyway I got quite abit more..if you guys wanna see, just let me know!!
 

Flare

New Member
Jan 24, 2002
1,734
0
0
38
Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
public.fotki.com
The second one of the 3 looks a little dark... perhaps your camera fooled by the bright sky... Up your fill flash (Can see u are using fill flash) by 0.3 or 0.5 ev?
 

siron

Senior Member
Mar 18, 2002
2,115
0
0
41
somewhere near...
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Flare
The second one of the 3 looks a little dark... perhaps your camera fooled by the bright sky... Up your fill flash (Can see u are using fill flash) by 0.3 or 0.5 ev?

dark? yeah maybe alittle.. yeah I using fill flash. abt there lah. Got pple pose for me must hurry up take.. hehe.
 

M

Megadark

Guest
Contrary to Flare, I think the 2nd one is bright enough. The grainy feel for the 3rd picture does not appeal to me.
 

siron

Senior Member
Mar 18, 2002
2,115
0
0
41
somewhere near...
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Megadark
Contrary to Flare, I think the 2nd one is bright enough. The grainy feel for the 3rd picture does not appeal to me.
Actually I took these shots at the best of my knowlegde.. The 3rd one was just some effects, for a try. :)
 

Flare

New Member
Jan 24, 2002
1,734
0
0
38
Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
public.fotki.com
By the way, you got same problem as me.... Like to zoom too much... now camera got zoom, cannot resist not to zoom right? Try to capture a little more of the surroundings and the whole or half bodies... She looks like an active person... Try some action shots of her playing or something... zoom out a bit when shooting action shots... Give more infpo what she is doing... I know, the LCD very small, don't zoom in the picture like no detail like that... try to avoid lah~ remember, your camera has millions of pixels, when seen on computer or prints, everything will be different. And last thing... You can always crop to emphasize something or remove unwanted elements... But you cannot make up things that are not captured.

When comparing with the first pic, appears her skin tone like darker in the second pic... so maybe I was fooled there. Er... did you increase the contrast in the second pic? By the way, try the 3rd pic without the noise, I think i's a nicely captured image... the noise a bit there.....

The second pic... A bit too much space behind the girl... try to frame the picture so that there's more space infront instead of behind when using rule of the thirds, like what you did in the third picture.
 

siron

Senior Member
Mar 18, 2002
2,115
0
0
41
somewhere near...
www.geocities.com
Yeah I understand what u mean..but I guess taking more and less is totally different. Yes I also have lotsa shots of her in full. But I would prefer closer up. And yeah I agree with u on the LCD every details seems small..on the PC at this resolution is different totally. Oh well.. personal liking on the zoom part. :)

Originally posted by Flare
By the way, you got same problem as me.... Like to zoom too much... now camera got zoom, cannot resist not to zoom right? Try to capture a little more of the surroundings and the whole or half bodies... She looks like an active person... Try some action shots of her playing or something... zoom out a bit when shooting action shots... Give more infpo what she is doing... I know, the LCD very small, don't zoom in the picture like no detail like that... try to avoid lah~ remember, your camera has millions of pixels, when seen on computer or prints, everything will be different. And last thing... You can always crop to emphasize something or remove unwanted elements... But you cannot make up things that are not captured.

When comparing with the first pic, appears her skin tone like darker in the second pic... so maybe I was fooled there. Er... did you increase the contrast in the second pic? By the way, try the 3rd pic without the noise, I think i's a nicely captured image... the noise a bit there.....

The second pic... A bit too much space behind the girl... try to frame the picture so that there's more space infront instead of behind when using rule of the thirds...
 

Flare

New Member
Jan 24, 2002
1,734
0
0
38
Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
public.fotki.com
Hee Hee... just like me~ And kinda feel odd to turn the camera around for portrait orentation to shoot... At least for me.... Still have plenty to learn.....

So that's your Girlfriend?
 

siron

Senior Member
Mar 18, 2002
2,115
0
0
41
somewhere near...
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Flare
Hee Hee... just like me~ And kinda feel odd to turn the camera around for portrait orentation to shoot... At least for me.... Still have plenty to learn.....

So that's your Girlfriend?

Oh well...I have alot to learn too!!
 

rty

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 19, 2002
1,175
0
36
Singapore
Hey, these are nice portraits! She is quite photogenic.

There is a slight out of focus on the 1st pic. The focus was obviously not on her face, but on the grass instead, but it is still a good portrait.

The second one has a nice contrasting depth of field. I would put her on a right hand side of the picture instead of the left though.

For the 3rd one, I wonder why you put grain effect but again, it is a good portrait.

Good jobs! Welcome to the club!
:thumbsup:


ps. Yes, I agree this should be posted in the portrait forum so that people who loves portrait photography won't miss it.
 

siron

Senior Member
Mar 18, 2002
2,115
0
0
41
somewhere near...
www.geocities.com
Haha okok.. I will post one without the noise. Thanks for ur comments!! :)

Originally posted by rty
Hey, these are nice portraits! She is quite photogenic.

There is a slight out of focus on the 1st pic. The focus was obviously not on her face, but on the grass instead, but it is still a good portrait.

The second one has a nice contrasting depth of field. I would put her on a right hand side of the picture instead of the left though.

For the 3rd one, I wonder why you put grain effect but again, it is a good portrait.

Good jobs! Welcome to the club!
:thumbsup:


ps. Yes, I agree this should be posted in the portrait forum so that people who loves portrait photography won't miss it.
 

rty

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 19, 2002
1,175
0
36
Singapore
Originally posted by Flare
By the way, you got same problem as me.... Like to zoom too much... now camera got zoom, cannot resist not to zoom right? Try to capture a little more of the surroundings and the whole or half bodies... She looks like an active person... Try some action shots of her playing or something... zoom out a bit when shooting action shots...
Er.... I beg to differ. I don't believe these are action shots. There's nothing wrong with zooming in close/tight cropping.

Look at these photos:

http://www.photosig.com/viewphoto.php?id=20137
http://www.photosig.com/viewphoto.php?id=16721

If you like portraits, my friend Alex Lee has good portfolios to learn from. See his site: http://www.softlitephoto.com/
 

Kevin

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
897
0
0
North West
Visit site
Originally posted by siron


How would u suggest I improve the shots? Anyway I got quite abit more..if you guys wanna see, just let me know!!
Hi Friend, I am just teasing you (just want to say you have a pretty GF). I am a newbie also. Just felt that the 1st pix the light is too contrasting. I think the rest has given very good feedback. just like Megadark, I find the second pix the best. Did you paste her over to the background because the background look a bit artificial to me. :)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.