Sweet Gerbera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
Gerberas are perhaps my fav kind of flowers, both for photo-taking and personal admiration. Simple yet brilliant. Hope this one will bring a smile to your face if the day has been bad. :)

gerbera.jpg

the flower is nice ... but the background white area is distracting ..

nah i think it's a great shot
i like the background maybe the unbloomed flower at the bottom left is abit distracting but other than that, its great!
since the flower already has detail. i like the background to have a little "action" too.

Thanks megaweb and quackaroo. I wanted a frontal shot of the flower, so I didn't have much choice over the background. ;) Hehe but I think the gerbera itself is so pretty (I mean the flower, not my shot) that I don't really get distracted by the background...

anyways, Happy New Year folks!

damn...should have order this flower instead or roses

i dun find the background distracting..

cos the flower is so nice that it catch hold of your full attention already

Originally posted by kamwai
damn...should have order this flower instead or roses

It's ok lah, roses are the classics for V Day...your valentine will definitely like them.

:D

hmm, i thnk the center of the rose is under-exposed. do u think it will be better if your use spot meter and forcus the center?

Originally posted by megaweb
the flower is nice ... but the background white area is distracting ..

Agree. But the sharpness of that flower should be enough to bring your attention back to it.

NineLives, spot-metering on the center will over-expose the entire shot although I agree that the center is a little under-expose hence lost of clarity. The background is a little distracting, especially the white areas. One way to overcome this is to use either a black card/cloth/jacket (ask your gf to hold it;put her to some good use :>) or use flash with high shutter speed to throw the background into darkness. Otherwise, very vibrant colors and good sharpness on the shot. Agreeing, Gerbera is a very beautiful flower to admire though difficult to grow :(

Status
Not open for further replies.