Sweden, Norway and Denmark - change currency in SG or withdraw there?

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
I will be traveling this Friday to Sweden norway and Denmark..

Is it more advisable to change the foreign currencies here in SG or ATM withdrawal there?

I just enquired from my regular money changer and he said these currencies must preorder which I still have time, but if I use ATM withdrawal, will the final exchange rate be more unfavourable?

Thanks!!

get whatever kroners u can in Singapore first and for balance ....bring Euros to convert

Last edited:
Go to the money changers at the arcade at raffles place. They have Danish kroner, Swedish n Norwegian kroner. The money changer at 313 Somerset also has Danish kroner.

As ed9119 suggested, I would buy euros or us dollars here and change them over there. ATM withdrawal is convenient but I think the exchange rate is not so great.

I will be traveling this Friday to Sweden norway and Denmark..

Is it more advisable to change the foreign currencies here in SG or ATM withdrawal there?

I just enquired from my regular money changer and he said these currencies must preorder which I still have time, but if I use ATM withdrawal, will the final exchange rate be more unfavourable?

Thanks!!

Probably, since the bank will have to earn a few points and there is usually some ATM charge, no matter how minimal.

That said, it depends on how much you are changing. It would not be too different if you are changing a small amount.. :)

Hi i used to study in Sweden. the money changer there dun accept sgd. it's better to change euro and change into their currencies when u reach there. U can also withdraw from ATM. However the rates are not good and they charge a fee for withdraw. I think it's ard 5 dollars.

Thanks all!

Seems like a good idea to change Euros there.. But, where do I change my Euros? The banks?

Also, will it be favorable to us using this method? Or will changing Danish, Swedish and Norwegian kroner in Singapore be more worth it?

Thanks all! :)

Managed to change everything I need at Raffles Place! Surprisingly some of them have huge amount for all 3 currencies.