Sweaty Palms

Status
Not open for further replies.

mMoHiCaNn

Feb 22, 2008
okay guys.. i've more or less made up my mind on getting my first SLR. now my only worry is will my sweaty palms affect the condition of the camera? my sweaty palms are rather severe. at times when the weather gets hot sweat will drip off. so hoping for anyone who has similar experience to share.. deeply appreciated..

okay guys.. i've more or less made up my mind on getting my first SLR. now my only worry is will my sweaty palms affect the condition of the camera? my sweaty palms are rather severe. at times when the weather gets hot sweat will drip off. so hoping for anyone who has similar experience to share.. deeply appreciated..

Don't worry so much, there are many photographers out there also with sweaty palm... never heard of camera malfunction due to sweaty palm...

absolutely no problem, I have sweaty palms too. But so far, after 2 DSLRs, no malfunctions. They are sealed pretty good against everyday moisture ingress.

So far mine is okie...just need to clean ya camera after use.

Yea. This is pretty frequent here in Singapore (mostly because of the weather, not because of our "high stress" lifestyles! :D). Your camera will be fine. :)

i am not afraik to tel too....i had sweaty palm...very bad condition.:confused:
but thus far after 1+ yr of serious shootin. no pro!:embrass:
but rmb to air ur camera after eevery shoot and wipe with a clean soft/dry cloth!

Gaffer the camera... ;)

can try 'Driclor', can be bought at guardian. I have severe sweaty palms too.

When you first start using it you have to apply it on your palms every night before you sleep, after a week or so when sweating gets better only have to apply maybe once or twice a week.

worth a try! its not very expensive..

I also have sweaty palms and because of that I do not like to shake people's hand. I found that when I wear slippers, my palms is dry. Also when I get high from beer or alcohol, my palms remains dry too. :bsmilie:

seriously, the camera will be fine. It just tasted salty after a day usage. Just wipe with a moist cloth, dry it and place it back to the dry box.

I found that when I wear slippers, my palms is dry. Also when I get high from beer or alcohol, my palms remains dry too.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I do not like to shake people's hands too nor place my palms on a black table. :p

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I do not like to shake people's hands too nor place my palms on a black table. :p

Very sad hor.. everything I touch would be salty and sticky. Last time I also dun dare to talk to girls because of this.. afraid they will touch my hands and get disgusted.. so I remained a virgin till I found my wife who do not mind my sweaty palms. :bsmilie:

i have a somewhat slight degree of "sweaty" palms. doesnt affect the camera but make it a good habit to clean your camera before storing it in the dry cabinet and you'll be fine. if need be, use a slightly damp cloth to wipe the grip (remember..slightly damp)

as for the excessive perspiration on the palms, invest it a hand moisturizer and use it twice a day.

u mean u taste ur palms??? :eek: How's your kidneys now after all the salt?

I think girls will be more turned off by extremely sweaty guys rather than palms but if they love you, they will accept you for who you are eg: your wife. :)

"Virgin" as in your hands right? :devil:

gagaga..thx for all the advices guys.. actualli..not only do i sweat on my palms.. i actualli hav them on my feet as well.. heh.. but still.. thx alot the the advices.. still rem when i was back in the army.. asked the Medical Officer to send me for op to remove my sweat glens like some of my friends.. he's reply was..'eh.. u wanna sweat elsewhere ar?? like ur back n armpit..' den i was like hmmm.. okays.. will take a pass.. haha... n yeah.. i don like to shake people's hand too.. always hav to clench my fist onto my shirt or bottom before shaking.. n sometimes wear nice nice shirt.. go for nice dinner den hav to dirty it.... sigh... but owell.. guess tis will be a long long issue..:sweat::sweat:

Very sad hor.. everything I touch would be salty and sticky. Last time I also dun dare to talk to girls because of this.. afraid they will touch my hands and get disgusted.. so I remained a virgin till I found my wife who do not mind my sweaty palms. :bsmilie:

gagaga.. n to u bro..Oh My will ur wife be glad to see tis post.. :lovegrin: :thumbsup::thumbsup: to u for findin ur perfect one.. many happy years to come.. cheers.

Never heard of cases where sweaty palm causing camera malfunctions. But the camera's screws and areas around the joining metal parts might rust if you're not careful, thats something you won't want to happen. Yeap they do rust, i've seen it happen before. Alwys clean the grip area of the camera after use, at least thats what I do. :)

gagaga..thx for all the advices guys.. actualli..not only do i sweat on my palms.. i actualli hav them on my feet as well.. heh.. but still.. thx alot the the advices.. still rem when i was back in the army.. asked the Medical Officer to send me for op to remove my sweat glens like some of my friends.. he's reply was..'eh.. u wanna sweat elsewhere ar?? like ur back n armpit..' den i was like hmmm.. okays.. will take a pass.. haha... n yeah.. i don like to shake people's hand too.. always hav to clench my fist onto my shirt or bottom before shaking.. n sometimes wear nice nice shirt.. go for nice dinner den hav to dirty it.... sigh... but owell.. guess tis will be a long long issue..:sweat::sweat:

I suggest you wear a t-shirt inside your shirt. It is not only hygenic, ur shirt will last longer without sweat stains and most importantly it prevents a sweaty patch on your armpit. Wear a v-neck tee, it's not so warm and no one will know that you are wearing a tee inside your shirt. Hope this helps. :)

Wah.. I finally found someone just like me..sweaty palms and feet.. that's why I perfer to wear slippers.. to air my feet.. rem to change ur socks daily too.. sianz.. but no choice.. life goes on.

I suggest you wear a t-shirt inside your shirt. It is not only hygenic, ur shirt will last longer without sweat stains and most importantly it prevents a sweaty patch on your armpit. Wear a v-neck tee, it's not so warm and no one will know that you are wearing a tee inside your shirt. Hope this helps. :)

yeah..tat's exactly wat i do..wheneva i'm wearin t-shirt..it'll be a singlet inside.. heh.. thx..

Wah.. I finally found someone just like me..sweaty palms and feet.. that's why I perfer to wear slippers.. to air my feet.. rem to change ur socks daily too.. sianz.. but no choice.. life goes on.

gagaga..wow..not bad to find a 'sweaty' buddy here.. haha.. i love to wear slippers too.. but still will sweat.. so owas hav to find toilet to wash the feet.. gaga..

jwseah..thx for the advise.. so i can purchase it off the counter? mind to tell me how much it costs? thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.