Sweaty Palms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wear gloves?

White surgical gloves! Gives you the best tactile feel as far as gloves come by. :bsmilie:

But seriously are your palms so sweaty that sweat literally drips off you camera body like a cold drip left out in the open! If that's the case you should seek medical help.

Else don't bother.

go pharmacy get those thing for sweaty palms.

michhy said:
go pharmacy get those thing for sweaty palms.

What things?

student said:
What things?

cant remember what they are called. I dont use them, but its sold in pharmacies. keep hands/feet dry kinda thing... lotion?

rubber gloves get uncomfortable when you use them for long because the sweat just builds up with nowhere to go.

Alternatives:
1) Nike dry-fit training gloves
2) Have a towel handy to wipe your sweat
3) Get camera with weather seals.

Try perspirex. It plugs up the sweat glands. It is available at guardian and watson as a hand lotion or roller ball. :p

fmonkey said:
Try perspirex. It plugs up the sweat glands. It is available at guardian and watson as a hand lotion or roller ball. :p

Use with care. Antiperspirants are astringents that chemically pucker up the opening to the sebaceous glands in the armpit. However, they do not stop the secretion of sebum, which build up in the glands while the antiperspirant works.

If the sebum is permanently blocked over long periods of time, infected cysts may develop. Eventually, in rare situations, this can permanently damage the duct and then the only solution is to surgically remove the painful lumps that develop via an I&D procedure.

It's all about common sense and discretion, it is a temporary effect but using it too often like applying it everyday may cause some harm though not recorded or reported. You may try surgical approaches to sweaty palms too.

Just to add on antiperspirants do not plug sebaceous glands but sweat glands and sebaceous glands are only the most active around the T zone (face) not so much on palms where the cornified layer is the thickest.

ps: I do not sell or represent any of these products ;p

JediForce4ever said:
thanks for the advice guys

You still have not said how bad your sweating is.

Wet to the point that you can feel the liquid when shaking hands? I had that problem occassionally, but it just disappear for sometimes before it pop out suddenly. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.