Sweat... Perspiration... Sticky...

ShiNn

Nov 26, 2006
Most of the time when you guys are out in the field shooting, especially in Singapore weather. We will tend to sweat alot when we are out in the sun, considering our camera equipment is so heavy and stuff... Your skin will tend to rub against your camera equipment and strap. Which means, your camera will get your sweat!

How do you guys maintain the camera everytime after an event when you perspire alot and your camera gets wet with your sweat and etc...

ShiNn said:
Most of the time when you guys are out in the field shooting, especially in Singapore weather. We will tend to sweat alot when we are out in the sun, considering our camera equipment is so heavy and stuff... Your skin will tend to rub against your camera equipment and strap. Which means, your camera will get your sweat!

How do you guys maintain the camera everytime after an event when you perspire alot and your camera gets wet with your sweat and etc...

Erm, I don't bother too much. If it gets very wet, just wipe down with any cloth or my shirt.

i see. after wiping, the camera goes in the dry cabi? my lens rubberized area is starting to get white mould.. i have been using it for 3 years now. how to get rid of it?

ShiNn said:
i see. after wiping, the camera goes in the dry cabi? my lens rubberized area is starting to get white mould.. i have been using it for 3 years now. how to get rid of it?

Mould? Your dry cab working ok? Or do you mean just dried up residue?

Wipe w damp cloth before placing in the dry cabi

prob is dried up residue. seems hard to get it off. i wiped it and it will still show when its dry. is it mould or the rubber has already deteriorated?

I've got that on my gears too... I guess it's normal after some use... Don't worry too much about it.

Those white residue are not mould!

It is dried salt crystals from the perspiration

Use a moist damp cloth with a very small drop of mild detergent and wipe

JJLoke said:
Those white residue are not mould!

It is dried salt crystals from the perspiration

Use a moist damp cloth with a very small drop of mild detergent and wipe

It's like running wearing a black t-shirt. You sweat, white stains will appear at the back.

The rubber grip on my D70S had become sticky after more than a year in the dry box.
Tried the damp cloth method but it didn't get rid of the sticky feeling.
In the end I used alcohol wipes and everything's okay now.
Maybe you'd like to give that a try.