SWATCH FIVB Beach Volley World Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some samples of volleyball matches to look at : http://www.fivb.org/EN/volleyball/Competitions/WorldChampionships/Women/2006/Photos/PhotosF.asp

Important things : Show faces (expressions) and use multi-frame per shot to increase the chance of getting the right timing and a fast enough shutter speed (probably 1/1000 or faster. Minimum is 1/500-1/1000). Tight crop so that picture shows only one or just a few players in the centre of the action.

Although it's usually not good to just show backside but not sure whether it's good or bad here :
bottoms_300x236.jpg

For the East-West seats, the West side (i.e. facing east) is subject to slight back-lit in the morning while the East side is subject to similar effect in the afternoon. So, morning go sit at East side (face west) and then afternoon go sit at West side (face East). (Here I assume that the East side seats face West and West side seats face East).

East-West is good for shots like this :
GetPhoto.aspx

or
20061203183809.jpeg

From the side of the Gallery seat is probably good for this type of angle shots :
Img_GetImage.aspx

From the middle of the gallery seats get this angle :
GetPhoto.aspx

:dunno: :dunno: no one going?

I'm going on Saturday with my Nikon 5700 prosumer cam. Already bought ticket. :lovegrin:

Thinking of going on Friday (tomorrow) as well and want to see how the weather is tomorrow morning first before deciding whether to buy the ticket. I wonder what is the cut off time to buy tomorrow's ticket. Can buy from any of the numerou 24-hr S.A.M. machines around S'pore. :sweatsm:

Update : just called Gatecrash and was told that on-line/phone booking closes at 6pm on the day before the event date while for S.A.M. machines, booking closes much later at 3pm on the day of the event.

Actually, the match schedule seems to be more eventful on Friday. Will see how the weather is tomorrow before going to buy from a S.A.M. machine on my way there tomorrow.

just to update:

Mutabor, Londonray and Static would be going on sat morning (gallery seats) so anyone else going is free to contact me via Pm... then can arrange to sit together or go together... Yups..

Cheers Raymond

Red Alert CSer, no DSLR allowed only P&S .... :thumbsd:

ARE YOU SURE? :bigeyes: I already bought a ticket and this would be a showstopper for me.

U ask with the wrong person. I myself also curious to know coz i'm going too.

2 Cser with DSLR at the show was told by security personnel and confirmed by floor manager that they could not use DSLR and video (except P&S) and was told to format/delete the pics. Try calling the organiser to confirm.... :(

I wonder if tickets could be returned for a refund?! I guess not :angry:
And I'm going to bring and use my DSLR anyway. and if they ask not to use it, let them show me some sort of terms and conditions, which says that DSLR may not be used.

2 Cser with DSLR at the show was told by security personnel and confirmed by floor manager that they could not use DSLR and video (except P&S) and was told to format/delete the pics. Try calling the organiser to confirm.... :(

Thats bad news!!:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

Confirm cannot use DSLR!!!

Was there in the morning , snapping away and was confronted by an official asking if I have a press pass.... DO YOU KNOW THAT you are not allowed to use any DSLR ...bla bla... we need to protect the right of bla bla bla.... these photos may have commercial value.. bla bla....

Then they instructed me to delete all my photos and the person actually checks to verify that I actually deleted all my photos! :-( Thereafter I was told that I cannot use my DSLR anymore!!! sian... left the place.

If you intend to take pictures with your DSLR and have not bought tickets... YOU MAY WANT TO RECONSIDER!!!

wonderful...anyone printing press pass...let's print a few and pass it round...

Confirm cannot use DSLR!!!

Was there in the morning , snapping away and was confronted by an official asking if I have a press pass.... DO YOU KNOW THAT you are not allowed to use any DSLR ...bla bla... we need to protect the right of bla bla bla.... these photos may have commercial value.. bla bla....

Then they instructed me to delete all my photos and the person actually checks to verify that I actually deleted all my photos! :-( Thereafter I was told that I cannot use my DSLR anymore!!! sian... left the place.

If you intend to take pictures with your DSLR and have not bought tickets... YOU MAY WANT TO RECONSIDER!!!

woah lau eh... such a let down... me also selling the ticket liaoz...

Went in the afternoon today and just managed to catch the halfway the Japanese vs Cuban match and the 2x China vs Brazil matches.

China's Chen Xue and Zhang Xi lost to the former World Champion Brazilian Pair but still have another chance to progress into the semis if they can win their match from the loser pool tomorrow morning.

Saw a few DSLR shooters but many of them seemed to be having some kind of pass to shoot around the perimeter of the court.

I used my trustworthy Nikon 5700 and just came back from there.

Here are a few shots to share, mainly for info :

(opps, imageshack seems to be down now and you may not see the pictures until imageshack is back up. Will add a couple more pictures later when imageshack is back up).

The venue :

dscn0028px1.jpg

dscn0030ig3.jpg

dscn0034jq3.jpg

Chen Xue warming up ......
dscn0036cz2.jpg

Chen Xue in action (shutter speed 1/1506 was still not fast enough to freeze the smashed ball by Chen Xue) :
dscn0078tn9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.