Swatch FIVB Beach Volley Ball World Tour in Sentosa, Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLSK

Taken on 23rd, during their selection games.

collage-1.jpg

Was able to move about freely during the selection games, so I was shooting from everywhere.

For those thinking of going, IMHO, the East-West gallery (yellow gallery, I think) is not sheltered and, as the name suggests, one side faces east and the other west. Depending where you sit, one side will face the setting sun ... which I think is terrible as the sun will be in your eyes and lens.
The side where the sun is in your back will be good - so get there early to reserve your seat (free seating).

If you can, get the Green Gallery seat or the VIP seats. You pay more, still get the heat (no aircon, haha), get less sun (cos sheltered).

Hope you have good shots!

collage3.jpg

nice series, sharp pic you have there.

Didn't realise that someone already posted some nice pictures of the event here.

Can recognise the Japanese Pair of Koizumi and Tanaka who lost to the Chinese Pair of Xue + Zhang Xi in the finals of last years' Asian Games at Doha.

I suppose you don't need tickets on 23rd? Free access?

Was able to move about freely during the selection games, so I was shooting from everywhere.

For those thinking of going, IMHO, the East-West gallery (yellow gallery, I think) is not sheltered and, as the name suggests, one side faces east and the other west. Depending where you sit, one side will face the setting sun ... which I think is terrible as the sun will be in your eyes and lens.
The side where the sun is in your back will be good - so get there early to reserve your seat (free seating).

If you can, get the Green Gallery seat or the VIP seats. You pay more, still get the heat (no aircon, haha), get less sun (cos sheltered).

Hope you have good shots!

Yeh. I was thinking of the direction of light too when I looked at the seating arrangement a few days ago.

For those on East-West seats : Morning, must sit on the East side and face west. Afternoon, sit on the West Side to face East.

For those on the Gallery seats, no such problem. Also can get the players' shadows on the sand as well to add interests to the picture. :sweatsm:

Didn't realise that someone already posted some nice pictures of the event here.

Can recognise the Japanese Pair of Koizumi and Tanaka who lost to the Chinese Pair of Xue + Zhang Xi in the finals of last years' Asian Games at Doha.

I suppose you don't need tickets on 23rd? Free access?

Thanks. Yup, free access. Was there on 23rd for another appt and poped by from 3-5pm. Koizumi & Tanaka lost to the French pair in a tight & gritty match on 23rd. Hope to see your pics on the games later.

Thanks, Androo - thanks to the 70-200 & trusty monopod.

Thanks. Yup, free access. Was there on 23rd for another appt and poped by from 3-5pm. Koizumi & Tanaka lost to the French pair in a tight & gritty match on 23rd. Hope to see your pics on the games later.

nice pics... i will be going later today!!!

Went this afternoon with my Nikon 5700 and just came back home. Will be going tomorrow morning again. Haven't post-process the pictures yet. Here are some samples :

China's Chen Xue warming up :
dscn0036cz2.jpg

Chen Xue in action :
dscn0078tn9.jpg

Ahhh ..... more pls, clockunder, more more more ......

Not sure whether you're asking for more of which type : :sweatsm::lovegrin:

dscn0060cg5.jpg

dscn0072tz9.jpg

the game was so exciting that you drop your cam. :)

i was sitting beside you. :) the one using D70s

My camera rolled off from my groin while I was sitting (and probably taking a drink/rest).

I think it was during an interval. My camera was off and lens retracted already when it rolled off me.

Ok, now I know who you are. Hello. :lovegrin:;p

haha seems like you had a hell of a fun time

nice collage of pics..

Status
Not open for further replies.