Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
20211.jpg

20212.jpg

20213.jpg

20214.jpg

20215.jpg

Taken at various WWTs in the UK

the 2nd and 3rd pics are stunning! Not making any comparisons, but they are very Jed-kinda-pictures. Maybe cos they were taken at the same location.

Actually, we're not really at the same place. Nice shots Erwin, particularly like the third one, many many :thumbsup:

I've been doing a bit (like, everyday for the last three days). Seems to be a lot more crowded down your way, but I'm also managing to get some good stuff. Am currently on the mobile phone, so I'll get posting when I manage to find a connection point somewhere else.

Oh and BTW, those birds in flight look quite sharp... for an F70. :devil: (thread from some time back, if it makes no sense, ignore it)

Hi Jed, Tweek

Thanks. wahhh, my photographs are 'Jed-like' :) I'm in Singapore on 56.6 dialup so i'm on like only an hour a day unlike unlimited hi-speed access in uk so can't post often.

Anyway, I divided Part 1 and Part 2 by the lens I used. Most people would be even more surprised by the very ordinary lens used for Part 1 (i.e. these pictures) : a 75-300 f4.5-5.6 ;)

Originally posted by Jed
Actually, we're not really at the same place. Nice shots Erwin, particularly like the third one, many many :thumbsup:

I've been doing a bit (like, everyday for the last three days). Seems to be a lot more crowded down your way, but I'm also managing to get some good stuff. Am currently on the mobile phone, so I'll get posting when I manage to find a connection point somewhere else.

Oh and BTW, those birds in flight look quite sharp... for an F70. :devil: (thread from some time back, if it makes no sense, ignore it)

Originally posted by erwinx
Anyway, I divided Part 1 and Part 2 by the lens I used. Most people would be even more surprised by the very ordinary lens used for Part 1 (i.e. these pictures) : a 75-300 f4.5-5.6 ;)

Very impressive with the slower 75-300 lens, which focuses notoriously slowly. Slower than the 80-200/2.8 for example. And the F70 too, which focuses slower than an F90x.

Seriously though, which WWT is this, particularly the third shot? I am keen to do Farne, possibly even your Welsh island, see how it goes... I'm on a 28.8 mobile phone, don't whinge... ;)

2 & 3 are WWT Martin Mere, 1 & 4 are WWT Caeverlock, and 5 is WWT Welney. Since its a long journey, you might want to call to see what birds are there before going....

Originally posted by Jed

Very impressive with the slower 75-300 lens, which focuses notoriously slowly. Slower than the 80-200/2.8 for example. And the F70 too, which focuses slower than an F90x.

Seriously though, which WWT is this, particularly the third shot? I am keen to do Farne, possibly even your Welsh island, see how it goes... I'm on a 28.8 mobile phone, don't whinge... ;)

Yeah I've been planning to take a trip to Martin Mere, picked up the brochure just the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.