Suzuki salesman super knowledgeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcwang

Jan 9, 2003
East Singapore
www.pbase.com
Some answers I got at champion motors yesterday while test driving the Suzuki Swift (non Sport), which is a brilliant car.

1) How heavy is the car ah ?
I think.... 700- 800kg .....

2) The engine is quite smooth. Its a really good drive.
Of course, because the engine got VVT. Last time the ignis got no VVT thats why so noisy.

3) I wanted the swift sports rims, but I noticed that it has 5 lugs versus the 4 lugs on the normal swift. So I asked him, if I can fit the rim onto the normal swift, maybe they have a 4 lug version. He answered.

After u change hor, the normal car will have 5 nuts. (after a while he think). I think cannot la. (at leasssst, he corrects himself).

4) Your own suzuki swift, does it rattle after 2 years ownership ?

Yes. But can be fixed one la.

5) Should I buy the swift sport over the normal one.

No. The engine after that u can take go and Znnnnng. The car will fly after that one.

6) At 100kph, what is the RPM?
4000 plus rpm.

7) The car rides and handles quite well.

Of course, the car got torsion beam suspension mah.

Steady. man.

U know what?

I don't own a car, and my technical knowledge of cars is limited but this is one salesman that I reckon would be better off working as a Computer Salesman at Electronics Supermarts den at Suzuki.... :(

P/S: Any car owners who walked into a showroom with nothing more than Slippers, Bermudas and Singlet and bought his car with excellent service? I'd always wanted to try it out. ;p

he will probably be working in the IT show next month!! :bsmilie:

You need a lot of passions being a car salesman.....technical stuffs and experience can be gained over the years but not the attitute and interest......can you imagine he has to serve dozens of customer day in day out probably 6 to 7 days a week....more so in super buzy weekend which most of us rather spending the quality time with family.....not very easy to stay cool all the time :thumbsup: ......I guess you must have placed downlpayment because of that :lovegrin:

Some answers I got at champion motors yesterday while test driving the Suzuki Swift (non Sport), which is a brilliant car.

Of course, because the engine got VVT. Last time the ignis got no VVT thats why so noisy.

3) I wanted the swift sports rims, but I noticed that it has 5 lugs versus the 4 lugs on the normal swift. So I asked him, if I can fit the rim onto the normal swift, maybe they have a 4 lug version. He answered.

After u change hor, the normal car will have 5 nuts. (after a while he think). I think cannot la. (at leasssst, he corrects himself).

No. The engine after that u can take go and Znnnnng. The car will fly after that one.

4000 plus rpm.

Steady. man.

:dunno: i dun get u..the answers he provide are the straight forward type lehz..

The best salesmen/women end up at the 'golden' spots: Performance Motors (BMW), Borneo Motors (Toyota) and Tan Chong (Nissan). Its damned hard to get into these companies as sales ppl, but once you're in, the $$ is :bigeyes: So you tend to find the really good and knowledgeble sales ppl at the top companies. My agent just moved from Tan Chong to Borneo Motors, and he's pretty good... hmmm, maybe my next purchase will be a Toyota? :D

:dunno: i dun get u..the answers he provide are the straight forward type lehz..

ya lor...

i thought normally will be better if...

1) Got free Solar Film anot...
Got, u sign with this installment lor...

2) I dun like tis brand of film, ***** got bo?
Can upgrade, pay more... but today your lucky day i absorb

3) Got spoiler bo?
Nope, but today your even luckier day, i give u full body kit...

4) Got turbo bo?
Nope, but u today dio TOTO liao... i zhng for you, Turbo + NOS

5) Am i dreaming?
Nope, cos i today last day at work... :devil:

That's a good one! :bsmilie:

ya lor...

i thought normally will be better if...

1) Got free Solar Film anot...
Got, u sign with this installment lor...

2) I dun like tis brand of film, ***** got bo?
Can upgrade, pay more... but today your lucky day i absorb

3) Got spoiler bo?
Nope, but today your even luckier day, i give u full body kit...

4) Got turbo bo?
Nope, but u today dio TOTO liao... i zhng for you, Turbo + NOS

5) Am i dreaming?
Nope, cos i today last day at work... :devil:

I think some are missing the point completely!!

The real weight is abt 1000-1100kg

Variable Valve Timing does not contribute to the smoothness of an engine. It just makes it more efficient. Probably the Swift has very good sound insulation.

There is no way you can fit a 5 nut rim onto a 4 nut hub carrier. The pattern does not fit.

He is very honest here, no doubts. But who would admit that a product rattles after 2 years if u r selling one.

I dont really think so.

4000 plus rpm.

The real answer, I'm not sure, would be abt 2500-3000 rpm.

Usually double wishbone suspension is regarded as the best for ride/handling mix. Found in Honda cars.

Steady. man.

:) I almost forgot this isnt a car forum.

I think some are missing the point completely!!

:) I almost forgot this isnt a car forum.

ya lor...

if u say about some camera shop sales man... then another story liao...

1) How heavy is the camera ah ?
I think.... 700- 800gram .....

2) The shutter is quite smooth. Its a really good sound.
Of course, because the shutter got new state-of-the-art lubricant. Last time the old model got no oil thats why so noisy.

3) I wanted the canon lens, but I noticed that it has nikon mount on tis camera versus the normal EF mount on canon. So I asked him, if I can fit the canon lens onto the nikon, maybe they have a same mount. He answered.

After u change hor, the camera will go well with peanuts. (after a while he think). I think cannot la. (at leasssst, he corrects himself).

4) Your own camera, does it rattle after 2 years ownership ?

Yes. But can be fixed by yourself one la.

5) Should I buy the local 1 over the grey one.

No. The warranty after that u can take go and Znnnnng. The warranty will fly after that one. i mean u can fly anywhere with the warranty.

6) At 1/1000s, what is the FPS?
4000 plus FPS. :bigeyes: :bsmilie:

7) The camera grip and handles quite well.

Of course, the camera got anti shake and battery grip mah. besides that, you are gripping on my hand...

ya lor...

Of course, because the shutter got new state-of-the-art lubricant. Last time the old model got no oil thats why so noisy.

3) I wanted the canon lens, but I noticed that it has nikon mount on tis camera versus the normal EF mount on canon. So I asked him, if I can fit the canon lens onto the nikon, maybe they have a same mount. He answered.

After u change hor, the camera will go well with peanuts. (after a while he think). I think cannot la. (at leasssst, he corrects himself).

No. The warranty after that u can take go and Znnnnng. The warranty will fly after that one. i mean u can fly anywhere with the warranty.

Of course, the camera got anti shake and battery grip mah. besides that, you are gripping on my hand...

Hahahahah

Good one :thumbsup:

Wahaha! You damn bloody joker man.

ya lor...

I have not met one Singaporean car salesperson who can talk in depth about car mechanics or have any real interest in cars. It's always about how much commission they can make from the sale.

ya lor...

WELL DONE LA
hahahahaha
you can be camera salesman already!
(of course after 2 months sure close shop with that sort of answer, hahhaaha)

well, they're into it cos of the $$ mostly, whois really keen about sedans and family saloons? A car fanatic would usually prefer to sell high end sports car..

for a salesperson, at the end of the day, they need to feed themselves. They need to sell a few cars a month to earn a decent living.

Probably closer to 1000-1100kg. But that's something that you can find in the brochure.

Didn't know Variable Valve Timing enhanced engine smoothness. That's news to me.

You're testing him!!!! :sweatsm:

Rattles are part of the Suzuki experience. :sticktong

I heard that Garage R did up a normal Swift and it does the rounds of Pasir Gudang and Sepang. Swifts I've seen so far look and sound fairly tame.

4000 plus rpm.

You wouldn't like the highway fuel consumption. The Swift Sport seems to have lower gearing that the Swift, which gives punchy performance but sacrifices top speed. I am however surprised if it does turn 4k plus at 100kph. I would have though 3.5k is more normal.

Steady. man.

Credit to the car's designer, no credit to the salesman's bullsh!t

The best salesmen/women end up at the 'golden' spots: Performance Motors (BMW), Borneo Motors (Toyota) and Tan Chong (Nissan). Its damned hard to get into these companies as sales ppl, but once you're in, the $$ is :bigeyes: So you tend to find the really good and knowledgeble sales ppl at the top companies. My agent just moved from Tan Chong to Borneo Motors, and he's pretty good... hmmm, maybe my next purchase will be a Toyota? :D

Not true, most are sales women, sex sells when it comes to frontline service, everthing else is secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.