Suspecting fungus (small dark spot in lens)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirtyone

Dec 13, 2008
Sigh. I don't think it affects my photo quality but I can't stand it being there.. would like to know how to go about cleaning it? Some help please?

1. Does warranty covers cleaning too?
2. If I were to let someone clean it how much will it approx. cost?

Help guys!!! :(

(I should have gotten a dry box from the start)

1) usually no
2) can try asking someone in cs by the nick 'fatigue'

Do note tat when a third party service the equipment, the warranty could be void.

usually fungus will look like spider web, dark spots are usually dust.

no, cleaning is not cover under warranty and it is not FREE, and no service center do that, else they will spend all day all night cleaning lenses and cameras, no time for repairing cameras.

attempting dismantle lenses or cameras by self or third party will void warranty.

Recommendation: send your lens for assessment and buy a dry cabinet ASAP.

As mentioned, its probably dust.

no, cleaning is not cover under warranty and it is not FREE, and no service center do that, else they will spend all day all night cleaning lenses and cameras

What brand are u using? Nikon or canon? How come ur service centre don't provide lens cleaning one lol then what's the warranty for?

I just called up Sony service center right after seeing ur post, checked with them and they said Sony's warranty cover lens cleaning, as well as dslr sensor cleaning :)

I even asked if they cover zoom creep (which technically isn't a defect at all) and they said yes it covers that too.

Ts I hope u r a Sony user,can save lotsa money on lens cleaning services :)

Last edited:
As mentioned, its probably dust.

What brand are u using? Nikon or canon? How come ur service centre don't provide lens cleaning one lol then what's the warranty for?

I just called up Sony service center right after seeing ur post, checked with them and they said Sony's warranty cover lens cleaning, as well as dslr sensor cleaning :)

I even asked if they cover zoom creep (which technically isn't a defect at all) and they said yes it covers that too.

Ts I hope u r a Sony user,can save lotsa money on lens cleaning services :)

I'm a Nikon user.. Using Tamron lens. Wow, that's really awesome service. I'll try calling up tomorrow.. see if they include cleaning services as well.. (fingers crossed)

I'm a Nikon user.. Using Tamron lens. Wow, that's really awesome service. I'll try calling up tomorrow.. see if they include cleaning services as well.. (fingers crossed)

i asked the shop i bought my tamron lens from and they said tamron might covers lens cleaning (they dont sound very sure though). You can try calling and see how :)

Last edited:
i asked the shop i bought my tamron lens from and they said tamron might covers lens cleaning (they dont sound very sure though). You can try calling and see how :)

hmm okay.. thanks btw!! :)

Btw if its just dust, don bother to send it for cleaning. Dust don affect pictures anyway so there's no need to clean it at all.

Unless u r selling ur lens away and its very dusty then maybe send for cleaning right before u sell. This is what Sony users are doing. Right before they sell the lens, or when warranty is about to expire, they send in the lens for free cleaning :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.