susilo lost....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonlou

Mar 24, 2004
SG
haiz... wat to say.... quite lost for words lar.... he did badly in the quarter-finals... 2 straight sets for the thai.... nonetheless, i must applaud him for getting sooo far! :cheergal:

Nothing to say.

Well, it's really sad that he had lost, he seems stressed, i was just blinking my eyes and the points has been keep increasing for Thai's=(. But afterall, i guess he did tried his best to enter quarter-finals

nothing to say? meaning?

still support him lah. lose once, everyone turns against him. i suppose everyone has forgotten the yonex open already. one of the reasons why people here don't get involved professionally in sports. singaporeans only want winners. but few have the guts to try. 'cos trying in sports usually involves losing every now and then.

singapore just doesn't have a sporting culture (in both senses of the phrase). only interested in winners. and betting. that's exactly why we'll get nowhere in the sporting world.

acroamatic said:
nothing to say? meaning?

still support him lah. lose once, everyone turns against him. i suppose everyone has forgotten the yonex open already. one of the reasons why people here don't get involved professionally in sports. singaporeans only want winners. but few have the guts to try. 'cos trying in sports usually involves losing every now and then.

singapore just doesn't have a sporting culture (in both senses of the phrase). only interested in winners. and betting. that's exactly why we'll get nowhere in the sporting world.

cannot agree with u more. :thumbsup:

i remember last time they used to emphasize that the most important thing in the olympics is trying, not winning. guess that has taken a back seat after professional athletes were allowed in the games. probably why they prefer the good-corporate-citizen sounding 'celebrate humanity'.

acroamatic said:
nothing to say? meaning?

true, agree with you. Was hoping that he win but he didn't really play to his standard esp ever since beating Lin Dan. just didn't perform but of course much better than our pathetic soccer players....

the only match i have managed to catch so far and was very disappointing to see singapore get so far and lose.So near yet so far.

i can see that he wasn't at his best but the thai was real power.seeing all his drop shots,i wonder how susilo didn't anticipate it.i think he was slow to the net.

You mean that Indonesian lost?

He tried his best for Singapore and for him to advance to the quarter-finals is pretty encouraging. We should be behind him whether or not he win or lose because he is our representative. Remember that he carries the weight of the nation's expection thus it is also very tough for him mentally too.

**** you mean?

OT: Singapore should just offer citizenship to Michael Phelps and save all the agony.

LimCB said:

That is a very shallow comment. If you will just look beyond his original nationality and remember that he is representing us in the Olympics and if we can't even give him the support whether he wins or loses, it is truely sad.

Are we all just fair-weather people and will only support him because he wins all the way and perhaps even secure a medal. That will be a bonus but even if he lose, we ought to be thankful to him for even giving us a glimmer of hope.

LimCB said:

Ask yourself, what have you done for this country? :thumbsd:

The whole concept of recruiting FT to boost our sporting powers is naive in the first place. I have nothing against Susilo btw. Of course, Americans are also doing it, recruiting Cubans, Mexicans, Russians, Czechs etc..
My point is, if you are so desperate to win at this level, at least recruit the best.

Newman said:
Ask yourself, what have you done for this country? :thumbsd:
I cheered for Susilo since 7pm, but never saw the 2nd game.

i knew this kind of comment would come sooner or later... debatable topic, but unnecessary i suppose. :sweat: susilo represented SINGAPORE, and SINGAPORE will he be representing at the OLYMPICS. end of story.

LimCB said:

Ronald isn't less singaporean than you or i. He came to singapore to study at sec 1 and picked up badminton here. I was his sch mate then and so i know.

Didn't ya grand/ great father come from china? ;(

jlchong said:
Didn't ya grand/ great father come from china? ;(
No. They were from Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.