Survey: trip to Tibet, China

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
Hi,

May I know someone out there are interested in a trip to Tibet, China, with me within this year? Time can be discussed later, show your interest to me first.

Tom

Wah. Always wanted to go to Tibet. How long and roughly when do you inted to go?

Originally posted by Klipsch
Wah. Always wanted to go to Tibet. How long and roughly when do you inted to go?
At least 10 days, max 2 weeks.

Originally posted by ckiang
Write to "Ah Lay" @ ahlayhere@yahoo.com.sg
She's organising a small group to go Tibet/Nepal end Feb I think.

http://www.offstone.com/photo/messages/164/9202.html

Regards
CK
Not intend to go at Feb, most like the 2nd half of this year. I prefer all hardcore photographers in a group, and he/she shall have this in mind: it's not a typical shopping/sunbath type of trip. We are not going to see common things and you should only join me if your heart answers yes.

Depending which month(s). Mid October to Early December is the best time to go places like Tibet/Nepal/Bhutan etc.

Budget?

Originally posted by tomshen

Not intend to go at Feb, most like the 2nd half of this year. I prefer all hardcore photographers in a group, and he/she shall have this in mind: it's not a typical shopping/sunbath type of trip. We are not going to see common things and you should only join me if your heart answers yes.

Originally posted by rochkoh
Depending which month(s). Mid October to Early December is the best time to go places like Tibet/Nepal/Bhutan etc.

Budget?
To me, no budget. Spending as necessary. But I may make it cost effective through some insider's way (cos I am a Chinese).

Tomshen - seem like u have some itinerary and time in mind. Wanna share so that some of us can see if we can fit. I'm interested.

Originally posted by kingpin
Tomshen - seem like u have some itinerary and time in mind. Wanna share so that some of us can see if we can fit. I'm interested.
No fixed plan. Not flying directly into Tibet, but via bus. Experience the scenery along the way to LaSa, capital of Tibet. I was told a friend's friend's friend spent as less as 4000RMB (<S$1000) for 20 days as a backpacker. I will check for more info later. The planned group shall be 4~8 persons, backpacking.

Bus in from Chengdu? Cost of $1,000 do not include airfare?

Originally posted by kingpin
Bus in from Chengdu? Cost of $1,000 do not include airfare?
Flight ticket is separate. I think let's budget as S$2000 first.

My friend corrected me saying the cost is 7000RMB (S$1500) for 20days from Chendu to Tibet.

My friend corrected me saying the cost is 7000RMB (S$1500) for 20days from Chendu to Tibet.

Guess budget is about S$2500 to 3000. Don't like too cold as it will be heavy carrying warm clothing. Better plan for the warmer part of the year.

Count me in!!! I'm interested, but restricted by school schedule. let me know when you plan it to be. If it's between May-July, I will be able to make it.;)

Originally posted by chongkm
Count me in!!! I'm interested, but restricted by school schedule. let me know when you plan it to be. If it's between May-July, I will be able to make it.;)
In fact, according to my plan, I will be back home and go visit northwest part of China, the silk road, during May-June. Tibet will be another one, and hopefully New Zealand end of this year. Big saving is required so I cannot upgrade anyone of my lenses at the moment. Sigh... 50mm/f1.8 is broken into two pieces liao...:cry:

wow... how long will you be there? mind if I follow you home? :p how's the scenery there like? my picture of china ain't very clear... which city is it near to?

what a coincidence... i dropped mine too 2 weeks back... and i just bought denizenx's 50 1.8 today... hahaha... a lens i can't live without...

In fact, according to my plan, I will be back home and go visit northwest part of China, the silk road, during May-June. Tibet will be another one, and hopefully New Zealand end of this year. Big saving is required so I cannot upgrade anyone of my lenses at the moment. Sigh... 50mm/f1.8 is broken into two pieces liao...:cry:

Originally posted by chongkm
wow... how long will you be there? mind if I follow you home? :p how's the scenery there like? my picture of china ain't very clear... which city is it near to?

what a coincidence... i dropped mine too 2 weeks back... and i just bought denizenx's 50 1.8 today... hahaha... a lens i can't live without...

My home is far from the silk road, I may discuss with you and maybe some others who are interested privately.

Regards,
Tom

Not intend to go at Feb, most like the 2nd half of this year. I
if it's towards the end of the year, like Oct-Dec like what rochkoh says, i'm interested. lemme know yah?

Status
Not open for further replies.