Survey: Canon 24-70 2.8L or 70-200 2.8L

dlareg

Aug 22, 2008
Ranggung
Hi,

I'm a bit confused about this 2 lens...

just want to make a Survey for this 2 lens Canon 24-70 2.8L or 70-200 2.8L...

WHICH One You Prefer to BUY????

Use this for PORTRAIT???

Hope to hear from your suggestions

Both are totally different lenses. To answer this, you would need to determine your photographic style. Personally I'd get both, or just stick to a 50mm f/1.8 for portraits.

In most situations, the lens i'd use would depend on the location I'm at, and how much space there is.

If you don't know how differently these 2 lenses behave, don't buy, rent first.

Both are totally different lenses. To answer this, you would need to determine your photographic style. Personally I'd get both, or just stick to a 50mm f/1.8 for portraits.

In most situations, the lens i'd use would depend on the location I'm at, and how much space there is.

If you don't know how differently these 2 lenses behave, don't buy, rent first.

Thanks for your reply...

Well actually I have a 50mm 1.8 already but im not satisfied with it...

Talking about space... if i want to capture whole body shot for 70-200 I need to go far away compare to 24-70....

I just want to know most of the pro and cons of having one of them....

thanks again

They are totally different lenses and how you use them is quite different. So how to compar Apples and Oranges? Its like comparing a commercial jet to a BMW, for which its quite obvious their difference. Surely you can buy a BMW to travel all the way to China but would you? it really depends on you.

:confused:

Depending on the camera body you have and your personal shooting style, 24-70 can be a great general purpose lens. Wide enough at 24mm and with just enough reach for nice portraits at 70mm.

70-200 f2.8 is not something most people will mount on their camera for walkarounds though.

They are totally different lenses and how you use them is quite different. So how to compar Apples and Oranges? Its like comparing a commercial jet to a BMW, for which its quite obvious their difference. Surely you can buy a BMW to travel all the way to China but would you? it really depends on you.

hahahaha... thanks

:confused:

Depending on the camera body you have and your personal shooting style, 24-70 can be a great general purpose lens. Wide enough at 24mm and with just enough reach for nice portraits at 70mm.

70-200 f2.8 is not something most people will mount on their camera for walkarounds though.

you've got a point there... 24-70 is quite ok for walkabout.. Thanks

Am using 24-70 as my main lens, cos the range is quite good for most things. 70-200, i would use it more for sports, car races, aeroplane shows etc, generally where u need to zoom in a lot more. Have been wanting to get the 70-200 for awhile but at the end of the day i hardly shoot something with that range...

Am using 24-70 as my main lens, cos the range is quite good for most things. 70-200, i would use it more for sports, car races, aeroplane shows etc, generally where u need to zoom in a lot more. Have been wanting to get the 70-200 for awhile but at the end of the day i hardly shoot something with that range...

Thanks.. I think ill go for 24-70...

If I have a 50mm, i will go for the 70-200mm for sure. But still, that depends on how you like to shoot and where the location is. For me, its 50mm/85mm for indoor and 85mm/70-200mm for outdoor most of the time when i am shooting portrait. Just my 2 cents :)

actually prefer the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 for this sort of job.

uses 67mm filter and only 510g compared to the 24-70`s 77mm filter and 950g weight.

the Tamron also comes with 3 year warranty and is like a fraction the pricetag of the 24-70.

indeed completely about the focal length, u may go back and check what's your usual focal length.

I do think at the end u will buy both haha

I personally didn't get the latter one coz of the weight

the deciding factor would be which focal lengths you prefer to shoot your portraits.

Best way is to rent a 70-200 f2.8L IS for a shoot...

If you realize you're mainly shooting at 70, this lens is certainly not for you. :bsmilie: