Surrealism & Fantasy Wedding Arts - Bridal Artworks

Status
Not open for further replies.
synapseman,
Thank you for your comments ... i've learnt somethings from you guys, too.

eikin,
Apology for the earlier ( confused ) statement, it was actually targetted at another member in another thread, who had mentioned something about "tree branches growing out of someone's heads" etc.
Actually, i do understand where you are coming from, and i do see your point. ;) thanks.

CreaXion,
It seems like you are getting very personal here ... pls relax. Maybe one day you'll change your mind, but until then please take it easy. Don't get so work-up or mean for a fool like me -- it's not worth it! :nono:

Witness,
Nice DI monotone works ... err, but wrong theme leh ... i do appreciate what you did, by illustrating to me your 'alternatives'. :thumbsup:

"BTW, what's a "Neo-print" ah ?? :confused:

yZong,

Thank you. As you had said it -- it's a fantasy ( creative ) digital artworks pieces.

FREE your mind, and enjoy the works.

Bro... Concept is good, find it abit messy though....

Its a different market altogether. Not the usual and pretty niche. Not my cup of tea now as I've told you personally but I believe time will tell and people will change.

If I were to do this, I'll keep it subtle... so its able to be accepted by mass market.

When PJ style first hit the market here, I was very inspired but majority of the couple I know thought images are dark, sometime cannot see face, background burnt and shooting mostly when couple are not looking at the camera is bad photography. Photo must be foreground nice and bright all the way to background, people are well-lit by flash, technically well exposure, well posed, proper standing posure, nothing funny or show drama, are the mass market then.

But just look at the market now....

Its a different market altogether. Not the usual and pretty niche. Not my cup of tea now as I've told you personally but I believe time will tell and people will change.

If I were to do this, I'll keep it subtle... so its able to be accepted by mass market.

When PJ style first hit the market here, I was very inspired but majority of the couple I know thought images are dark, sometime cannot see face, background burnt and shooting mostly when couple are not looking at the camera is bad photography. Photo must be foreground nice and bright all the way to background, people are well-lit by flash, technically well exposure, well posed, proper standing posure, nothing funny or show drama, are the mass market then.

But just look at the market now....

interesting observation, when did that happened?

i like to look through my parents' wedding pictures now and then. those were taken some 30 years back and i find them very beautiful and 'photojournalistic style' coverage of a kampong wedding, i thought that was a norm.

Is it? Scan and show us leh.

PJ style is never a norm here. Your parents must be really old, Time when flash photography is not that popular yet, Maybe look at your younger uncles and aunties who got married in the 80's when "Taiwanese" style wedding portraits and the rise of the "traditional" wedding photography.

There are still some of these "lao jiao" traditional photographers around who spit at PJ style photography. Like i said, different style, different market.

I believe its a cycle.

Is it? Scan and show us leh.

PJ style is never a norm here. Your parents must be really old, Time when flash photography is not that popular yet, Maybe look at your younger uncles and aunties who got married in the 80's when "Taiwanese" style wedding portraits and the rise of the "traditional" wedding photography.

There are still some of these "lao jiao" traditional photographers around who spit at PJ style photography. Like i said, different style, different market.

I believe its a cycle.

nope, those are personal to my parents, so won't share it in a public forum like this.

flash photography not popular? haven't heard of such a situation, my parents' wedding photog used flashlight in situations that required it, that's how i see it. i believe flashlight has always been an important part of photography generally.

nope, those are personal to my parents, so won't share it in a public forum like this.

flash photography not popular? haven't heard of such a situation, my parents' wedding photog used flashlight in situations that required it, that's how i see it. i believe flashlight has always been an important part of photography generally.

I've deal with customers that like ambient, rawness of the image like light lost, vignette, slight softness and mood, so when I shoot their wedding, only about 10 to 20% is flash, like for group shots, tableshots, tea ceremony etc.

Also have "traditional" customers who wants every pix well-lit and exposed, this kind, most of the time, flash is fired.

To conclude, Different style, different market, different people, different belief.

My customer base, mostly prefers ambient lighting than flash.

CreaXion,
It seems like you are getting very personal here ... pls relax. Maybe one day you'll change your mind, but until then please take it easy. Don't get so work-up or mean for a fool like me -- it's not worth it! :nono:

"BTW, what's a "Neo-print" ah ?? :confused:

Actually, I dun think it is personal. I dun even know u. Harshness yes. Not as flowery as DP though. U gave me the feeling of arrogance. U may say it is out of concern cause arrogance breeds ignorance. I can appreciate your previous work and in a certain way, I'm "jealous". Hate to see u going in the wrong direction

I agree with Max that if u were to do this, u have to keep it subtle. Currently, it is "orbit" What u have shown if I am correct is definitely not surrealism. Fantasy is even further off. I am a fan of fantasy drawings and your pic does not give me any feelings of fantasy. See more fantasy drawings. Tons on the internet.

Even up to today, PJ style is still not fully accepted today. The traditional style is accepted more widely even though it may not be aesthetically tasteful and also cheaper in payment. However, traditional style focused on technicalities and they still have their own beauty and in a certain way.

Neo prints are those photos when u stand in front of the machine and will print out your photos with colourful background. Check out the shopping centres.

I've deal with customers that like ambient, rawness of the image like light lost, vignette, slight softness and mood, so when I shoot their wedding, only about 10 to 20% is flash, like for group shots, tableshots, tea ceremony etc.

Also have "traditional" customers who wants every pix well-lit and exposed, this kind, most of the time, flash is fired.

To conclude, Different style, different market, different people, different belief.

My customer base, mostly prefers ambient lighting than flash.

i know this is OT but i think this is important. seriously it's not the technicalities that make photojournalistic coverage photojournalistic, it has more to do with the photog's vision. style will just be style, after a while they'll be out of style ... hmmm ... this is related to the thread afterall :bsmilie:

CreaXion,
Maybe one day you'll change your mind, but until then please take it easy. Don't get so work-up or mean for a fool like me -- it's not worth it! :nono:

I think it is important for one to believe in oneself.

However this statement to CreaXion is not one that is rooted in reality. With this statement and those you stated elsewhere, you appear to be making an assumption that, given time, people will come to your way of thinking.

Self-belief is good. But sometimes there is a thin line between self-belief and self-delusion.

I am by no means an artist, let alone dare lay claim to be any form of a leader. But I do try to understand why certain art last while others do not. My readings, and discussions with artists who are and were leaders with vision, led me to conclude that "art" that persists are those that have a unique way of telling a biography about the subject at hand. My conclusion is by no means unique, as I discover with further readings.

What you have presented here may be graphically interesting, and will likely appeal to some. Are these graphics gimmicks? Or are they statements that will endure?

Personally, I do not see any leading vision or special biography of any worth. Just interesting fluffy gimmicks.

As you said, time will tell.

But I will not be interested to return to check on this.

eikin,
Apology for the earlier ( confused ) statement, it was actually targetted at another member in another thread, who had mentioned something about "tree branches growing out of someone's heads" etc.
Actually, i do understand where you are coming from, and i do see your point. ;) thanks.

and along the way, you do have some guts implying that another CSer is following your style

Well, when you see Tree branches grow out from couple's heads, you'll know whose Style of Works it came from ... hahahhahahah :bsmilie:

Thank your for input.

It's one thing about standing for your photograph, it's another thing being bull headed.

ZM-Art-28+29C.jpg

Enjoy the "Bliss" ! ...

not sure if it is Surreal enough much less Surrealism... but it does hint of a dreamy effect. i'd say this one works pretty alright la.

seen many works of this nature in Japan esp. popular among cosplayers. but needless to say, their PS and 3D imaging software is tops.

Actually, I dun think it is personal. I dun even know u. Harshness yes. Not as flowery as DP though. U gave me the feeling of arrogance. U may say it is out of concern cause arrogance breeds ignorance. I can appreciate your previous work and in a certain way, I'm "jealous". Hate to see u going in the wrong direction

I agree with Max that if u were to do this, u have to keep it subtle. Currently, it is "orbit" What u have shown if I am correct is definitely not surrealism. Fantasy is even further off. I am a fan of fantasy drawings and your pic does not give me any feelings of fantasy. See more fantasy drawings. Tons on the internet.

Even up to today, PJ style is still not fully accepted today. The traditional style is accepted more widely even though it may not be aesthetically tasteful and also cheaper in payment. However, traditional style focused on technicalities and they still have their own beauty and in a certain way.

Neo prints are those photos when u stand in front of the machine and will print out your photos with colourful background. Check out the shopping centres.

cool down my friend...

NeoPrints fascinate me so. it is such a simple photography yet the effects are captivating, enchanting and totally surprising.

NeoPrints with my gals anytime!

cool down my friend...

NeoPrints fascinate me so. it is such a simple photography yet the effects are captivating, enchanting and totally surprising.

NeoPrints with my gals anytime!

Hey Cheese. Neoprints with my kids and family also shiok:thumbsup: . Nice to put in wallets before the advent of coloured screen handphones.

not sure if it is Surreal enough much less Surrealism... but it does hint of a dreamy effect. i'd say this one works pretty alright la.

seen many works of this nature in Japan esp. popular among cosplayers. but needless to say, their PS and 3D imaging software is tops.

Also seen this in Korean Movie Posters. But their concept, typography and PS is much better

nick, u really need a DI artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.