Surreal Sunset

xenobium

May 13, 2009
4440318804_b269f9ae83.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
How is the composition of the photo, do the colours and tones work for you? How is the timing/position of the sunset?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I tried to instill a sense of peace calm and serenity with this photo. I want the viewer to picture him/her self right beside that fence, watching the sun fade in the horizon.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
This shot was taken in quite a hurry, right before dinner. I had about 2 minutes to take the shot and had to make full use of it.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I would like to know how I can improve my skills in a situation where time is limited - what will be your priorities if you were in my shoes?

Thanks for the feedback.

the wooden pole sticking out at the bottom is kind of distracting. maybe you could have shifted so that the sun and the horizon is in the middle of the picture? i love the colour and the clouds though. the rays of the sun were nicely captured too. :)

I feel more energy than serenity from this shot...

HDR ?? The grass looks a bit too oversaturated for my taste... then again its my taste....

Keep shooting !! ;)

Thanks for your feedback guys. I guess i included the wooden pole because it looked like a heart shape which I thought contributed to the mood - trying to include little details within the scene.

Cheers!

i like this! this photo has color and texture! The feeling i get is like the pole is welcoming the start of the new day... then i wonder how many sunrises has this pole seen hehe

I thot the wooden pole is distracting too..but after reading that you want the viewer to feel right beside the fence, I think is ok but hope it could be shifted more leftward... Also, the clouds on the right hand side seems to be more interesting...tink by shifting your view to the right more will solve most of my prob...(but tt's only my problem..haha...) anyway, I like the overall colours here...different tones of each colour... this kinda photo really shd be surreal to be beautiful in my opinion...:)

Last edited:
Thanks guys, good points, I will keep improving.