Surabaya Airport to Mount Bromo by Car?

spaceman

May 10, 2007
picasaweb.google.com
Hi guys,

I am planning to go straight by Car from Surabaya airport to Mount Bromo.

Was quoted by my hotel that the car pickup will be RP 1million or SGD$141 ?! :bigeyes:

Anyone has feedback whether am I over quoted or carrot headed?
Or any good travel agent to recommend? planning 1 full day at Mt Bromo.

Sorry.. traveling with my aged Dad, so comfort & safety is top priority! :sweat:

Thanks! :angel:

Surabaya to Cemoro Lawang is a very long road trip... ours (private) took 8 hours IIRC inclusive of stop overs.

I'm assuming that the price quoted to you is for 2 persons. If that is so, then that's roughly the price I've seen quoted before. IIRC, one quoted US$50 per person, 2 way *but* inclusive of the jeep ride to Penanjakan Point.

:Later,

Hi guys,

I am planning to go straight by Car from Surabaya airport to Mount Bromo.

Was quoted by my hotel that the car pickup will be RP 1million or SGD$141 ?! :bigeyes:

Anyone has feedback whether am I over quoted or carrot headed?
Or any good travel agent to recommend? planning 1 full day at Mt Bromo.

Sorry.. traveling with my aged Dad, so comfort & safety is top priority! :sweat:

Thanks! :angel:

Sounds reasonable for a very long trip but seek details on where it actually ends or if it includes the sunrise ,etc.

I was told by my friend from Surabaya that you need to hire the local transport for Mt Bromo.. and they have tricks like drive 1/2 way, out of petrol so you may end up pay more... so better go with reputable operators.

Yup, was reading other tourist feedback about this no fuel trick.

ok decide to go with my hotel arrangement! hope everything goes well! :)

I was told by my friend from Surabaya that you need to hire the local transport for Mt Bromo.. and they have tricks like drive 1/2 way, out of petrol so you may end up pay more... so better go with reputable operators.

Just a advice to anyone who plan to go Mount Bromo. it takes 4 hours to travel Mount bromo and Surabaya.. I kanna a 3 hour jam... and spent 7 hours in the car.... imagine you are going to airport..

Just back from a trip to Mt Bromo. 7 seater Toyota Innova full day with driver and fuel was S$ 100.00 We had it for 3 days. A good and reliable travel agent is Sunrise holidays www.sunriseholidays.com. (also recommended by the lonely planet guys) It is actually in Malang but they will pick you and drop you at Surabaya Airport.

That price is about right for 2 persons
It takes 3-4hours non stop by car depending on traffic

That price is about right for 2 persons
It takes 3-4hours non stop by car depending on traffic

You can always contact the hotel/guest house you going to stay for transport arrangement. Mine was around 1.5m IDR roungly 100$ back and fro. You can check out my thread of Bromo where I shared my experience too:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/land-city-scapes-travel/950779-mount-bromo-indonesia.html

Yes about the same I heard, though I never tried.
If the amount quoted is per car, then should be fine.