Supreme Court Lights ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

megamonster

Dec 21, 2005
I went to the city area on the 15th of this month (around 9:00pm) where one weird thing caugth my attention and that is all the lights of supreme court and city hall were off !!
Supreme Court is certainly one of the best structures around esp. when lit at night and I hope it is not a move by the government to enter energy-conservation mode:confused:
Besides, I think Supreme court's lightings should never be put off as it holds a great symbolic value in itself.
Just wondering .. if the lights are back or not ?

save electricity lah....

but say the truth leh... the new one i dont really like...

The lights are on,

Maybe during that time, they miss the bill payment and got power cut!!

:bsmilie:

Ard 1930, the lights were still off. What time they on the lights? :think:

Cheesecake said:
are u sure?

i've been in the area for the past one week. the lights at the supreme courts were never on at all.

???? U mean they miss paing their previous bill again??:bigeyes:

daveheng said:
???? U mean they miss paing their previous bill again??:bigeyes:
it still belongs to the Government and i doubt our Government(Singapore) is that poor to not pay for the bills, that is if they need to pay at all.

its been this way for quite a while. reasons unknown but i hazard a guess that since there's a new supreme court, the old one is not in full operation anymore and thus, the lightings are deemed extra and unnecessary.

it is a shame though esp. to tourists and keen fotographers alike.

Venom81 said:
Ard 1930, the lights were still off. What time they on the lights? :think:

The building was build in 1918 i think... I dun think 1930 tat yr they instored the lights yet. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Saving electricity is good... fuel costs going up. If they light up all govt buildings like X'Mas trees, soon they'll have to raise GST and organise more TP Ops at PIE.

Ok ok consession... for photog and tourists... turn on the lights from 7-9pm so you can take photos. :)

FYI govt dept/buildings still have to pay electricity bills and all other charges. Each ministry has a budget for all these. They're not "exempt" or "free for all" like what people think, which is why they too have to conserve electricity/water.

they probably turned it off for a while to run pre-flight checks on the UFO.

Have you though that they may installing some new lighting. My friend told me he has done lighting for the Supreme Court.

Status
Not open for further replies.