Support disaster relief in Myanmar (Burma) URGENT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am keeping them in my prayers.

Its amazing that the Burmese govt is now willing to consider receiving aid from other countries for this disaster, and only from the UN. People want to help, they also have to consider.

I am keeping them in my prayers.

Its amazing that the Burmese govt is now willing to consider receiving aid from other countries for this disaster, and only from the UN. People want to help, they also have to consider.

Very simple, because other countries like US wants to send in their own observers to assess the situation etc. The Burmese govt being the irrational paranoid body it is, fears that foreign intelligence agencies might be coming to comply a detailed report on the disaster area instead.

GIVE more and you will RECEIVE more. It is CAUSE and EFFECT. GOD BLESS.

Donate to UNICEF or Direct Relief International

http://www.google.com/myanmarcyclone/

Singapore Red Cross
Walk-in donations can be made at the Singapore Red Cross Society, located at 15 Penang Lane, Singapore 238486.

Collection hours are:

Monday - Friday: 9.30am - 5.45pm
Saturday & Sunday (10-11 May): 9.30am - 5pm

Donation by cheques should be made payable to: Singapore Red Cross Society

Please indicate behind the cheque:
1) Name, Organisation (if applicable), Mailing Address and Contact Numbers
2) For Survivors of Myanmar cyclone

An official receipt (Donation is not tax deductible) will be issued.

Cheques should be send to: Singapore Red Cross Society, located at 15 Penang Lane, Singapore 238486

World Vision (Singapore)
i) Donations can be made through internet banking

DBS Autosave Account Number. : 001-030600-6

Standard Chartered Bank Fusion Account Number. : 130-830-6900

The group would like to acknowledge donations and since the group is unable to capture donors' information via ATM Funds Transfer, please email michelle@worldvision.org.sg or contact Michelle at 6221-1040 to provide the following information:

Name
Time Funds Transfer was made
Amount/Purpose of Donation
Address
Telephone Contacts
Email

Donation by cheques should be made payable to:
World Vision International
Mailing address: 10 Anson Road, #13-08, International Plaza, Singapore 079903

iii) Walk-in cash donations can also be made at the group's office, located at 10 Anson Road, #13-08, International Plaza, Singapore 079903 (next to Tanjong Pagar MRT Station)

The group's working hours are:

Monday - Friday: 8.30am to 5.30pm and Saturday: 9am to 1pm

The folks at the PhotoAid thread is discussing about starting a PhotoAid II to raise funds for the Myanmar cyclone victims.

PhotoAid was formed in 2005 to help the Asian Tsunami.

Check out the PhotoAid thread for more details.

religious topics are sensitive n are not allowed in CS.

I agree...I further think we should leave the G-word out completely as there is no relevant here if what we want to do is help people in need of help. Really concern Human helping human. Lets all just keep it at that.

The "G" word, are you meaning the generals and the ruling junta in Myanmar?

These morons had been very slow in granting visa to aids workers, and have yet to allow any US planes carrying needed supplies to land.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080508/ap_on_re_as/myanmar_cyclone_170

Well, this is not the fault of the people, but at some point, what to do?

These morons had been very slow in granting visa to aids workers, and have yet to allow any US planes carrying needed supplies to land.

Nah I am not referring to them..those moron are just self interest silly moron looking out for themselves and preventing others govts from coming into their country to spy on their dirty laundry. They would rather see their own people died then be foudn out. I am referring to the religion kind.

If we really want to help anyone...it should be just human helping human..whatever your race or faith. For us...we should leave both religion and politic out of the picture in these thread as we drum up support from everyone to chip in to help out.

Nah I am not referring to them..those moron are just self interest silly moron looking out for themselves and preventing others govts from coming into their country to spy on their dirty laundry. They would rather see their own people died then be foudn out. I am referring to the religion kind.

If we really want to help anyone...it should be just human helping human..whatever your race or faith. For us...we should leave both religion and politic out of the picture in these thread as we drum up support from everyone to chip in to help out.

Silkair already delivered the aids there, collected by them. The ruling junta just don't want the US or the west to get there with secondary agenda, they just want to protect their own a****. Well S'pore was used as a distribution base during the Tsunami, the US/west can do the same again. If they want to help why must insist they must go there, why play politic.

Silkair already delivered the aids there, collected by them. The ruling junta just don't want the US or the west to get there with secondary agenda, they just want to protect their own a****. Well S'pore was used as a distribution base during the Tsunami, the US/west can do the same again. If they want to help why must insist they must go there, why play politic.

This is the biggest BS I have ever heard. As a US tax payer, hey, if they don't want us there, let's sit this one out.

During the tsunami relieve, the US navy stationed a carrier task force there to assist on the relief, at a cost of US$35M a day in operating cost ...

Myanmar is one of the most brutal and repressive regime in the world. I wonder why they do not want the west to be in the country.

Who is playing politic here? Who is once again offering aid to a country that is hostile? Please don't bs me.

Who is playing politic here? Who is once again offering aid to a country that is hostile? Please don't bs me.

unfortunately, my sensibilities tell me that the people of burma are the ones who won't mind any aid there. the government and the people are two very different things.

"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being." - Jung

you could do far worse than help people in need of aid.. with your tax dollars.

If they want to help why must insist they must go there, why play politic.

aid work, unfortunately is probably a lot more than what your idea of it is.

you think play red alert mission ar, drop down a few jeeps from the sky then your life become easier :nono:

If you give more only because you want to receive more, aren't you just selfish and greedy? Give without expecting any return, and your reward.... :think:

This is the biggest BS I have ever heard. As a US tax payer, hey, if they don't want us there, let's sit this one out.

During the tsunami relieve, the US navy stationed a carrier task force there to assist on the relief, at a cost of US$35M a day in operating cost ...

Myanmar is one of the most brutal and repressive regime in the world. I wonder why they do not want the west to be in the country.

:thumbsup: I agree with you. What I find pretty ridiculous is that the Burmese govt announced that they are willing to consider receiving aid, and that there are conditions for helping them....Sigh, their people is dying and they can't do anything about it, as they are not prepared for the emergency, yet they want to still consider receiving aid?

anyway, discussing this here is just philosophical and not helping the people in need. I am going off to pray for them and see what else I can do.

Your effort is commendable. However 'to give and get a return'.. to me is trading.

To me the slogan should be

GIVE MORE AS IT IS THE DUTY OF A HUMAN BEING TO HELP A FELLOW HUMAN BEING....

Your effort is commendable. However 'to give and get a return'.. to me is trading.

To me the slogan should be

GIVE MORE AS IT IS THE DUTY OF A HUMAN BEING TO HELP A FELLOW HUMAN BEING....

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

'弱水三千,我如何取一飘而渡?'

'本来无弱水,何必问浮沉?'

'假如西天路上本来没有雷音寺, 唐三藏怎样去取经?假如雷音寺,永远都不到又有何法?'

'唐三藏岂是为想成佛而取经?西天路有没有雷音寺又有何关系?但求一心白反依,哪计路程长短?'

by "lets sit this one out" , you mean lets juz let them die?
bye.. sleep well american tax payer

Status
Not open for further replies.