D

Dog

Anyone knows which is better?

1. Vivitar Series 1 28-210mm
2. Tamron AF28-200mm F/3.8-5.6 XR Aspherical (IF) Super Zoom

Thanx ya...

Originally posted by ziploc
None of the above...

ziploc, he asking which one is better leh...how come none of the above leh? :D :D

btw I don't know the answer, total nutz at lenses. :dunno:

ziploc is rite! But if youre shooting only for 4R prints then they shd be both fine. Best to stay away from these superzooms unless 4R is your max size. I use a 28-105 Canon zoom for travel. Of coz it ain't the best lens but better than the crappy Sigma/tamron/tokina/vivitar/cosina junk. The Tokina 28-80/2.8 ATXpro..... ah some day..

Originally posted by Dog

Thanx ya...

I have yet to try the series 1 yet but i have seen good feedbacks from users. Personally if given only these 2 choices, i will take the tamron, very small.

But i would recommend you the new Tokina ATX 242 (24-200mm f/3.5-5.6), good built and well received. If you understand chinese, there is a reference: http://www.photo.idv.tw/cameratest/2002best_stdlens.htm
english link here: http://www.photographyreview.com/PRD_85225_3128crx.aspx

I have played with it in the shops before and i really liked it but i see no need for it because i have others.

Originally posted by kraterz
ziploc is rite! But if youre shooting only for 4R prints then they shd be both fine. Best to stay away from these superzooms unless 4R is your max size. I use a 28-105 Canon zoom for travel. Of coz it ain't the best lens but better than the crappy Sigma/tamron/tokina/vivitar/cosina junk. The Tokina 28-80/2.8 ATXpro..... ah some day..

28-105, 28-80 are not superzooms. And he is not asking about Pro lenses lah...

Best superzoom in the market now is the tokina 24-200mm.
I can safely say the results you get will be better than your 28-105 but you cannot compare a superzoom to a Pro Lenses. They are A and Z.

Originally posted by Tweek

ziploc, he asking which one is better leh...how come none of the above leh? :D :D

:p :p :p

Originally posted by ziploc

:p

zip high standard :p :p :p

Originally posted by Keito

zip high standard

But seriously, they are great travel lenses because they are light and short, but otherwise not as good as the shots are not very sharp and have edge softness and vignetting at longer ends. And btw I do have a Tamron 28-300... I use it only during my trekking trips where weight and size counts. :)

Originally posted by Dog

Thanx ya...

Tamron AF28-200mm F/3.8-5.6 XR Aspherical (IF) Super Zoom is not bad.

One of my friend have this... good lens.

Originally posted by Dog

Thanx ya...

if i were to choose between these 2 lenses... i'll take tamron..

Originally posted by kraterz

I think the Tamron 24-135SP is much better than this crappy canon lens.

Dun be mislead by brandname. Canon hv a bus load of crappy lens. And 3rd party hv pretty fantastic products. The main idea is to know wht's good and wht's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.