SUPERFAST jpeg photo editing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AReality

Jun 9, 2003
visualjournalist.net

Hi,
Anyone know of any superfast jpg photo editing software?
Example those used in photo labs, use keyboard, press a few buttons to correct colour/contrast/exposure. Can jump to the next pic quickly also.

Can't use Photoshop batch automation as each photo is different.

Thanks a lot.

Try PICASA and it is free.

http://picasa.google.com/

Hi,
Example those used in photo labs, use keyboard, press a few buttons to correct colour/contrast/exposure. Can jump to the next pic quickly also.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

Thanks a lot.

think most labs use auto function... sometimes the color go way off lor... unless maybe u use something like custom curve, but may not work on every picture.

Although I got a copy of ACDSee, i dont use it for PP anymore. But i find its image browsing is super fast. You might wanna give its trial version a shot.

I think tt's the fastest method for me rite now...
Recorded some brighten/darken(curve) and levels.
ard 10 sec per image.
But I need to do it faster...

ACDSee seems to be quite a fast s/w. Ver 8 and 9 supports RAW file too.

I don't think there is any Superfast way, best way is shoot the photo correctly then no need to edit liao. hehe ;p

ACDSee seems to be quite a fast s/w. Ver 8 and 9 supports RAW file too.

I don't think there is any Superfast way, best way is shoot the photo correctly then no need to edit liao. hehe ;p
That's not true. These days customers always want so much more than just a "correct photo"

Why post processing? Are cameras not suppose to do all that for you? Editing for cropping, resizing and similar ok but why all the need to adjust color, WB, curve and all that rubbish? I would not want a camera that I need to adjust every single shot I take.

Agree with ozora.."...best way is shoot the photo correctly then no need to edit "

Why post processing? Are cameras not suppose to do all that for you? Editing for cropping, resizing and similar ok but why all the need to adjust color, WB, curve and all that rubbish? I would not want a camera that I need to adjust every single shot I take.

Agree with ozora.."...best way is shoot the photo correctly then no need to edit "

You people good mah ... some of us cannot leh :cry:

why is cropping "ok" and editing WB "not ok"

i dunno about u, but i edit my WB when i shoot raw, but i never crop my pics. the other way around. i must be doing something wrong.... :think:

gavin, do u shoot in raw?

i do, and adjusting the main things like ev, wb and tint is just a matter of pressing the + or - key in conjunction with another. (i use C1).

if u wanna edit CMYK like the labs do, then i have NO IDEA, and if u find out, let me know too. :)

Actually, the fastest non destructive JPEG processing software is from Canon.

Digital Photo Professional is really the fastest software out there and IMHO the most efficient.

But I would add that there are somethings that DPP cannot do where Capture NX can do.

RAW file processor? I agree with j0h0. C1pro is the fastest followed by ACR provided that you're using a suped up computer.

Why I want a proggy tt uses keyboard commands coz it's very much faster.

C1 is fast, but I dun shoot raw for most of the time, and I don't edit all photos taken, just a small % that needs minor adjustment.

DPP is good, but can't use keyboard. == slow.

I think I gotta go write 1 plugin for PS already..

You might want to give DxO Optics Pro a try. You can choose to automate fully or make manual adjustments. Non-destructive too.

Dunno if this works. Record an action in CS2, Auto level, auto curve,etc....resize, USM etc.

What i did was adjust my RAW file in DPP den batch process in CS2 with a custom function of resize and USM and save as. That way i can just leave my comp running while i sleep...

;p

Na..you are not doing anything wrong. You can do whatever you like. Like many add a beautiful border/frame to the picture, also many also add a signature or identity to it as well.

As the title says, what the SUPERFAST editor for all this. So cutting the amount of time required, why not get a camera that does it right the first time. No need the hassle to do any of the adjustments.

As for cropping, I am not good. So I need to crop to highlight the subjects that I shoot. :embrass: So to cut the time required to do any other post editing, I just prefer a camera to get it all correct for me the first time. I only need to concentrate on shooting/ framing it right. ( but sadly that is still a long way away :cry: )

Status
Not open for further replies.