Super Urgent : Wife Delivering tomorrow at 7am. Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liv2Golf

Dec 30, 2006
Hi guys,

Tomorrow will be a big day for me as my wife will be induced for labour in the morning. I will be there to capture the special moment !

Please bros out there who has taken pictures of delivery and baby in delivery suite, please teach me what to do and not to do for photography.

And also, what setting (ISO speed, mode, color adjustments) to use in the delivery suite. I assume no flash is allowed.

Sorry, second time dad here as first time I just used a point and shoot camera. Now using a EOS30D and hope you could advise on settings pls.

Thanks Guys.

how about shooting video?

Congrats to U :D

Dont noe which hospital u went to. I went Gleneagles Hotel and can use bounce flash.

I use ISO800 and I was happy about it. U can use 800 or even 1600 wif flash.

U cant shoot between the legs though is your wife. The gynae told me not to. U can check wif yours first.

Importantly u must know the progress of the child birth. Once the child is out u must be ready and of course dont get into the way of the gynae and nurse.

Lastly dont be bothered about the blood and mucus and for a 2nd time father I dont think u would.

Also bringing video camera. But I no experience with video so rather clumsy.

Please bros out there who has taken pictures of delivery and baby in delivery suite, please teach me what to do and not to do for photography.

Ask the Doctor, when he say you can take photograpy, you just take.

And also, what setting (ISO speed, mode, color adjustments) to use in the delivery suite. I assume no flash is allowed.

ISO 400 and you are allow to use flash in the room.

Good luck!

Congratulations!!!

I would suggest you shoot at AV 5.6 and up the ISO if your shutter speed falls below 1/60 seconds.

No use of flash is allowed. Even when the baby is out. You would not want to risk his/her eyes.

Don't get too engross in taking the pictures and forget to assist your wife:)

congrats. how about 50mm prime lens?

hi pal, first congratulations for becoming a parent tomorrow. personally i don't think you would need to be too concern over such details in the delivery suite. you would be very busy and occupied to support and comfort your wife that you may not have much chance to do so. it also depends on the doctor and hospital whether photography is allowed in the delivery suite.

when my son was born last year, i was in the delivery suite throughout with just my nikon coolpix 5200 pns camera, and i switched to auto with flash. that's it. i was pretty busy besides my wife encourging her. push push push. you really need to do that. remember that your wife is priority not photography.

i only took pictures when my son was out, not during the process as explained why earlier.

Thanks guys,

Okay, will try to use faster ISO from 800 onwards and not use flash. And also faster shutter speed.

With the lighting in delivery suite, do I need to adjust anything to White Balance if I dont use flash. For example, switch to Incandescent, or LED lighting etc.

Will use a 24-85 USM tomorrow.

Thanks guys,

Okay, will try to use faster ISO from 800 onwards and not use flash. And also faster shutter speed.

With the lighting in delivery suite, do I need to adjust anything to White Balance if I dont use flash. For example, switch to Incandescent, or LED lighting etc.

Will use a 24-85 USM tomorrow.

For Canon dslr just stick to AWB.

Try to use bounce flash really

haha... congrets...

Just set ISO abit higher... den use P mode... the best mode in a DSLR..... don waste time wif other mode...

50mm 1.8 and ISO 800 should be good enough for delivery room. thats what i used.

once the baby is in the room, can use flash but bounce it.

I think, please also check with wife whether she is comfortable having you shoot her at such special moments, at umm, private areas...;)

My wife is also delivering at Mt Alvernia end of Jan 07, but I will just use my Nikon D50 with 50mm f/1.8 to take some shots of the baby and a group shot of our Gynae and family.

Congrats to you on having a second baby

If Ceasarian, than can only see baby after it comes out. This was Mount E for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.