Super Travels Pte Ltd - My bad experience with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

lui002

Dec 20, 2003
Visit site
I booked a China tour with Super Travels for myself & my wife on 1 Oct 2006 at the NATAS Fair. I paid a $600 deposit using my UOB VISA card.

The China girl who served me told me that they already have 6 persons in the tour I booked. She also said they will contact me 2 weeks before the tour.

Less then 2 weeks before the tour is supposed to begin, I called the company and was told that the tour was cancelled because we were the only 2 persons who booked the tour.

In order to get my refund of the tour deposit, I called them many times & email them 4 times. 3 of my emails went unanswered. They also employed deliberate delay tactics.

Finally on 7/12/2006, they decided to return my money which was refunded to my UOB VISA card.

Please avoid this company - Super Travels Pte Ltd.

Actually, even the bigger companies also like dat sometimes.

i always believe, if you can, go f&e tours yourself.
i really hate joining tour groups.

One more good reason why I personally shy away from Tour Groups of all kinds.

U had added another horror story yet in. :)
Thanks. Really. No pun.

It's the same for the whole industry if a group cannot meet the minimum headcount.....however bigger tour agent will have better chance of filling up thought.....As for the credit card thing, it's true that the refund has to be arranged with the bank to reverse the payment and it take times.....perhaps they should improve their communication with their customer to avoid this kind of unhappiness and especially after knowing the group is cancelled.....they should offer an alternative :dunno:

Finally on 7/12/2006, they decided to return my money which was refunded to my UOB VISA card.

Please avoid this company - Super Travels Pte Ltd.
Friend, dun think u r fair to the co., to put this on air... at least they return your monies in full. The 2 months are probably they were hoping for more ppl to fill up their quota, as well as admin ..... you know when money is concerned ppl must be extra careful, esp with the banks....

However you can put the attention here if this co deduct some monies from you, or say delay much longer after you keep complaining.....

And as for the lying about more ppl. its a common practise in any business, even when you ask about the curry puff and the salesgirl will say, this is superhot fav, etc.... If you really need proof, next time ask for proof at the time of purchase.

Dun flame me, this is juz my personal view. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.