Super slow SNBB

Janetleeyj

Mar 12, 2011
Singapore, Indonesia
It's vry frustrating, my singnet broadband is supr dupr slow, practically crawling. Even for normal web browsing oso take a long time to load espec web with lots of image lyke the gallery in clubsnap. If go youtube even worst :thumbsd: Anyone with similar experience? My place is in Hillview area, I have call them many times liao but no improvement.

I use my mobile bb more now as it is faster, so my snbb is lyke useless. Too bad i still have 9 months contract to and cannot terminate. Haiz ;( sorry ah me ranting, vry angry now as i try view some threads here and all fotos load half and continue to crawl :angry:

Janetleeyj said:
It's vry frustrating, my singnet broadband is supr dupr slow, practically crawling. Even for normal web browsing oso take a long time to load espec web with lots of image lyke the gallery in clubsnap. If go youtube even worst :thumbsd: Anyone with similar experience? My place is in Hillview area, I have call them many times liao but no improvement.

I use my mobile bb more now as it is faster, so my snbb is lyke useless. Too bad i still have 9 months contract to and cannot terminate. Haiz ;( sorry ah me ranting, vry angry now as i try view some threads here and all fotos load half and continue to crawl :angry:

Congratulations. Youre subscribed to a telco that does not give a crap about Singaporeans.

Yalor terrible customer service, even more worst connection :thumbsd: but why singaporeans? I thought equally terrible to evry users, local or not.

Congratulations. Youre subscribed to a telco that does not give a crap about Singaporeans.

Janetleeyj said:
Yalor terrible customer service, even more worst connection :thumbsd: but why singaporeans? I thought equally terrible to evry users, local or not.

They saboed Singaporean users who just wanna watch football....

Haha have problem with the MIO in my house also. If using phone, Internet connection screws up. Phone line also have intermittent disconnection problem. They send technician up, will have the same problem again after a week or two.

i gave up on singtel.. they are hopeless... pls watch your bill carefully too... often u will be paying for some items which u r not aware.. not big amount, like 50 cents, or few dollars, but they earn alot from these...

then u have to call them to reason out to get a refund.. wtf!

in general, there is no real competition among telcos... hence we get all these s h i t

Last edited:
u might want to check for malware too that could be slowing things down

I have the cheapest Singtel option and it is fast (enough for me). Maybe your system has too much overload. Try scanning for virus and also clean your registry and clean your hard disk of junk files. I am not on MIO which I have heard many bad opinions of. ....There was a Starhub advert aimed at their RED competitor..Always Draggy Super Laggy... ADSL.

before you rant non-stop. what is your broad-band plan? did you try it on other computer?

my is the slowest plan and I have never encounter any problem. though loading of video and pictures takes some time.

My experience with the Singtel mio sh*tbox is that it is seldom ever slow, but has intermittent connectivity problems. Before Singtel decided to switch to the mio sh*tbox there were no problems...it was just very slightly slower, but using your own router, the connection was much more stable. The mio box doesn't know how to handle multiple connections properly. I have 3 computers in the house and sometimes 1 or 2 of them will lose connection for no reason, and we are using Ethernet cable, not wireless. I don't want to talk about the wireless because it almost never works. Sometimes I have to use my phone to tether 3G to my computer and it seems to work better than my fibre optics line, rofl

Tkx ppl for the inputs :) Mine is the 6mbps Plan.

@ed9119 - malware ah? Didnt check on that but my sis and me have a pc (direct connection) and 2 laptops (wifi), all equally slow. We oso use iphone so not sure but will see later since we dont have antivirus software installed.

@dreaming - xcuse me, i never rant non-stop hor. Of course we tried solving it, even my IT fren who help to change the modem and setting said cant be helped, connectivity may vary from place to place.

@brapodam - we oso have the intermitent issue, they sent technical staff down to check, not fully solved but much less frequent. Initially we thought maybe modem/router or setting probs, but evn after changing to new modem its oso no improvment.

@ed9119 - malware ah? Didnt check on that but my sis and me have a pc (direct connection) and 2 laptops (wifi), all equally slow. We oso use iphone so not sure but will see later since we dont have antivirus software installed.

@dreaming - xcuse me, i never rant non-stop hor. Of course we tried solving it, even my IT fren who help to change the modem and setting said cant be helped, connectivity may vary from place to place.

@brapodam - we oso have the intermitent issue, they sent technical staff down to check, not fully solved but much less frequent. Initially we thought maybe modem/router or setting probs, but evn after changing to new modem its oso no improvment.
The technicians come down, after a couple of weeks will have problems again one. No use. We already gave up and lan lan suck thumb.

I still remember the technician came abt 6 times to fix my singnet bb.... The problems persists... Lots of problems.. One being intermitent...

Our phone lines r very old already

sfoto100 said:
I still remember the technician came abt 6 times to fix my singnet bb.... The problems persists... Lots of problems.. One being intermitent...

Our phone lines r very old already

The last technician that came up to my place told me that so far the white MIO boxes has the least problem. The rest are really bad. Well, I'm using the white one and it's already having issues, can't imagine the rest.

The last technician that came up to my place told me that so far the white MIO boxes has the least problem. The rest are really bad. Well, I'm using the white one and it's already having issues, can't imagine the rest.

Actually the white ones I had in the past had significantly more problems than the black one i am using now

brapodam said:
Actually the white ones I had in the past had significantly more problems than the black one i am using now

Hmm maybe it's time to request for a change.

ok. my wrong. btw, i am holding the white box, and so far no problem yet.. BUT viewing CS Photo Galleries is a pain..

the timing is also important. as far as i know, the whole block comes home and surf internet. the speed will be significantly reduced.. have you tried it on Sunday morning where most would be sleeping late

my m1 fiber result :p

1861008397.png