Super Panoramic shots of Orchard Road (critical info)


Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Senior Member
Oct 26, 2003
5,468
2
0
bukit batok
Visit site
#1
Guys, after discussing with Darren, who had agreed to help us into achieving the goal, I will need below info from you.

1) nic and actual name of photog ("shooter")
2) nic and actual name of their backup ("buddy")
3) camera setup
4) indicate camera is a "pre-wind" or "post-wind" type
5) a column to indicate which saturday they are not able to shoot

item (4) is to split them into 2 groups to avoid difficulty in stiching processing cause by the frame sequencing.

item (5) can help to plan for both trial and the all out shoot.
 

denniskee

Senior Member
Oct 26, 2003
5,468
2
0
bukit batok
Visit site
#2
1) denniskee, denniskee
2) not yet
3) eos cam - 4, lens cover 50mm - 3, tripod - 3
4) pre-wind - 3, post wind - 1
5) na. (every saturday free)
 

weevil84

New Member
Jul 26, 2004
250
0
0
Tampines
#5
pre-wind means when u load in the film catridge, the camera will straight away wind to the last frame, so that every frame you take will be wound back into the catridge. rationale is if u open the cover accidentally or by purpose, most shots will be saved as they are already inside.

post-wind is the conventional method, where the camera will advance frame by frame when u shoot and will only rewind when "asked" to or when the last frame is exposed. :)
 

weevil84

New Member
Jul 26, 2004
250
0
0
Tampines
#6
1) weevil84, danny
2) none yet
3) eos cam x1, manual film x 1. one lens for each cam
4) 1 prewind and 1 post wind
5) can take leave just to join the event. so take it as all saturdays available!
 

nightwolf75

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
17,857
14
38
really MORE diaper changes
#7
weevil84 said:
pre-wind means when u load in the film catridge, the camera will straight away wind to the last frame, so that every frame you take will be wound back into the catridge. rationale is if u open the cover accidentally or by purpose, most shots will be saved as they are already inside.

post-wind is the conventional method, where the camera will advance frame by frame when u shoot and will only rewind when "asked" to or when the last frame is exposed. :)
oh, thanks, weevil84! i feel so stupid... :embrass:

1) nightwolf75 (sam),
2) none
3) Pentax MZ-7 with 28-90mm lens, EOS 300D+EF50mm/f1.8 (if need be)
4) pentax - post-wind
5) definitely free on every 4th sat of the mth. other sats, depends on schedule of shoot.
 

madmacs

Senior Member
Dec 13, 2002
5,456
0
36
madmacs.multiply.com
#8
1) madmacs, alvin
2) not yet
3) eos cam - 2, lens 50mm - 2, tripod - 1
4) both postwind
5) should be free unless something urgent pops up
 

sumball

Senior Member
Jul 8, 2003
4,333
0
0
#9
1) sumball, chee ming
2) not yet
3) eos cam - 1, lens cover 50mm - 1, 24-135 - 1, tripod - 1
4) post wind - 1
5) only last saturday of Nov, should be free for all Sats in Dec
 

denniskee

Senior Member
Oct 26, 2003
5,468
2
0
bukit batok
Visit site
#10
nightwolf75 said:
oh, thanks, weevil84! i feel so stupid... :embrass:

1) nightwolf75 (sam),
2) none
3) Pentax MZ-7 with 28-90mm lens, EOS 300D+EF50mm/f1.8 (if need be)
4) pentax - post-wind
5) definitely free on every 4th sat of the mth. other sats, depends on schedule of shoot.
hi sam, just to clearify, will you be able to get a tripod? the camera have to be mounted to maintian the exact same frame through out.
 

garyteo73

New Member
Sep 30, 2004
5
0
0
Singapore *Northern
#11
1) garyteo73, gary
2) not yet
3) Nikon, minolta cam - 4, lens cover 50mm - 3, tripod - 1
4) post wind - 3
5) every saturday free
 

nightwolf75

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
17,857
14
38
really MORE diaper changes
#12
denniskee said:
hi sam, just to clearify, will you be able to get a tripod? the camera have to be mounted to maintian the exact same frame through out.
oppss...

a) nightwolf75 (sam)
b) none
c) pentax mx-7 with 28-90mm (300D & 50mm if need be), plus slik tripod+manfrotto ball head
d) post-wind
e) definitely free 4th sat, other sats depending on shoot schedule
 

denniskee

Senior Member
Oct 26, 2003
5,468
2
0
bukit batok
Visit site
#13
weevil84 said:
1) weevil84, danny
2) none yet
3) eos cam x1, manual film x 1. one lens for each cam
4) 1 prewind and 1 post wind
5) can take leave just to join the event. so take it as all saturdays available!
hi danny, as per my question to nightwolf75, pls state if you have a tripod. thanks.
 

denniskee

Senior Member
Oct 26, 2003
5,468
2
0
bukit batok
Visit site
#14
hi guys, pls give detial info. no problem if you dont have some equpt, we can share our resources like tripod and lens is we have extras. thats the purpose of this thread.
 

scud

Senior Member
Jul 28, 2003
1,808
0
0
Singapore
www.fotolightbox.com
#15
1) scud (Yuen Choon)
2) none
3) EOS50x1, 50mmx3 (1xprime, 2xtelephoto), tripodx2
4) post-wind
5) Not free on: Oct-9th & 16th, Nov-20th

Good effort from dennis, we can submit/file for longest panaromic shots in Singapore (or Guiness World Record) :thumbsup:

BTW, can we consolidate the name list in one thread? it would be easier for organiser to track.
 

weevil84

New Member
Jul 26, 2004
250
0
0
Tampines
#16
1) weevil84, danny
2) none yet
3) eos cam x1, manual film x 1, one lens for each cam, tripod x2
4) 1 prewind and 1 post wind
5) can take leave just to join the event. so take it as all saturdays available!
 

denniskee

Senior Member
Oct 26, 2003
5,468
2
0
bukit batok
Visit site
#17
scud said:
1) scud (Yuen Choon)
2) none
3) EOS50x1, 50mmx3 (1xprime, 2xtelephoto), tripodx2
4) post-wind
5) Not free on: Oct-9th & 16th, Nov-20th

Good effort from dennis, we can submit/file for longest panaromic shots in Singapore (or Guiness World Record) :thumbsup:

BTW, can we consolidate the name list in one thread? it would be easier for organiser to track.
hi yuen choon, can you pls confirm that you eos50 is post-wind? I think it should be pre-wind.
 

denniskee

Senior Member
Oct 26, 2003
5,468
2
0
bukit batok
Visit site
#20
acrylonithrill said:
1) Acrylonithrill, Louis Teo
2) not yet
3) Yashica EZS (Compact 35mm camera) [Tripod: 055 + 4KG Ball head]
4) n/a
5) every saturday free
1) Acrylonithrill, Louis Teo
2) not yet
3) EOS50E + 35-80 lens [Tripod: 055 + 4KG Ball head]
4) pre-wind
5) every saturday free
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom