Super Heavy and Intense Rain with Thunder Early Sun Morning

stonefish35

Mar 26, 2005
Super Heavy and intense rain with thunder and lightning at the West right now. Visibility had dropped to less than 400m

4847588298_ef910540f1_b.jpg

I hope by the time the rain hits town, the intensity will reduce..... Else... good luck to Wendy's at Liat Towers... Breakfast eaters, suit up in your full diving gear and pm me... Would love to try a underwater shot at Wendy's :bsmilie:

4847609770_72f891cb52_b.jpg

4847640408_eb58a7f780_b.jpg

4847640790_924c38afb3_b.jpg

Seems like very soon more than half of Singapore will be under heavy rain.... Pity the car owners who parked at basement carparks at the flood prone areas last nite...

Last edited:
Clementi to changi via AYE / ecp .. Super heavy rain all the way.

4847712164_9e765b6987_b.jpg

4847091813_883bac2082_b.jpg

4847713114_de40098d73_b.jpg

Drivers drive carefully. If visibility on the road is that bad, turn on your hazard lights all the way. That is what I did once during a heavy downpour. I could not see the car in front and others could not see me too.

Beware of falling trees. I think our drainage system will be overwhelm again. I do not think the sandbags at Wendy's is going to save them. May their insurer bless them. :sweat:

OMG! Wendy's fast food restaurant @ Orchard just re-open 2-days ago..:eek:

On my way to yishun shoot wedding now. This rain will not stop so fast I think

I suspecting the reason of orchard flooding is due to more building ard there? Therefore, more soil been dug out, less to absorb more water? So many years, orchard never flood? Strange isn't it? :think:

heavy rain also here @ mcpherson...all drivers drive with care....cheers

Drivers drive carefully. If visibility on the road is that bad, turn on your hazard lights all the way. That is what I did once during a heavy downpour. I could not see the car in front and others could not see me too.

Beware of falling trees. I think our drainage system will be overwhelm again. I do not think the sandbags at Wendy's is going to save them. May their insurer bless them. :sweat:

I don't think you're supposed to drive with the hazard lights on. :nono:

this rain looks ok leh. It seems to be moving. I think the worst is those thunderstorms that doesn't move and dump everything into one location...

anyone know anywhere got flood?

hope orchard dont flood man, have pity on the car / shops owner there.

Wrong, hazard lights are meant to be switched on when your car is stationary.

I don't think you're supposed to drive with the hazard lights on. :nono:

Wrong, hazard lights are meant to be switched on when your car is stationary.

:eek: I din know that. In that incident, I could not even see any of the vehicles in front of mine, despite us slowing slowing down . I assessed that by the same reasons, I would be a hazard to the vehicles behind me since I would not be visible, and turning on the hazard lights would help make me more visible to them .

Just checked with a driving instructor. Nothing in the highway code states there is a need to turn on the hazard lights while driving under heavy rain limited visibility conditions. And its not against the highway code by doing so.

Any TP would like to correct me if I'm ( or the driving instructor ) is wrong ?

Anyway, glad that there's no flooding reported, or the reporters where arrested for trying to report the latest flooding ? :bsmilie:

But do driving carefully today, never know about the trees

Personally, I hate drivers who on hazard light while driving because I do not know if he is moving or stationary. When there is a doubt, it's dangerous, I need to divert my attention to this vehicle. If every vehicle on hazard light, how do other road users know if there is really a car that is stationary in the middle of the road? There will be confusion, some moving, some stationary, no clear indication.

When visibility is poor, just on headlights and drive with care.

Personally, I hate drivers who on hazard light while driving because I do not know if he is moving or stationary. When there is a doubt, it's dangerous, I need to divert my attention to this vehicle. If every vehicle on hazard light, how do other road users know if there is really a car that is stationary in the middle of the road? There will be confusion, some moving, some stationary, no clear indication.

When visibility is poor, just on headlights and drive with care.

Actually quite true. Noted. Anyway had only done that once , many donkey yrs ago. Given the above mentioned safety concerns, I guess its safer to leave the hazard lights off.

:eek: I din know that. In that incident, I could not even see any of the vehicles in front of mine, despite us slowing slowing down . I assessed that by the same reasons, I would be a hazard to the vehicles behind me since I would not be visible, and turning on the hazard lights would help make me more visible to them .

Just checked with a driving instructor. Nothing in the highway code states there is a need to turn on the hazard lights while driving under heavy rain limited visibility conditions. And its not against the highway code by doing so.

Any TP would like to correct me if I'm ( or the driving instructor ) is wrong ?

Bro stonefish, the bros here are correct. It's all common sense, though it's not illegal.
The blinking light is supposed to mean that the vehicle is in trouble, and it is stationary at a point, and be careful when you are approaching.... The principle is like the ligthhouse. You don't get a lighthouse that keeps moving.
There is no need to on the hazard light when a car is moving, because a head/rear light is usually enough.

The hazard lights from a VIP convoy is different because it needed much immediate attention from other road users to clear the highway for the VIP, emergency vehicle, etc. and usually it is accompanied by loud sirens, motorcycles, etc..

The airplane principle is different because there are usually many other light sources in the sky, such as reflection, stars, city light, etc... and so a blinking light will let others know that is is a moving object.

I have always tell people never to on the hazard light when driving, but most people are just too kaisu to think of their own safety. A moving hazard light is too distracting to other road users. :dunno: