Super by Leslie Kee

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
This 330 pages coffee table book/magazine is by Leslie Kee, who is also its editor-in-chief, publisher and creative director. Priced at $49 each. Available at Tangs, Orchard Road on Designer Women section on Level 2 and Designer Men on Level 3.

Kindly post your comments here about the book.

While at Tangs, look out for his Tang's current Summer Campaign on showcase windows, instore posters and along Orchard Road underpass.

Saw this while shopping at Tangs. Its a collection of editorial, commercial and personal shoots from him and a selected handful of photogs. Its a typical coffee book table kinda book. You can probably use to to get some ideas. Its as thick as a phonebook.

WARNING: contains some nudity
;)

Zplus said:
Saw this while shopping at Tangs. Its a collection of editorial, commercial and personal shoots from him and a selected handful of photogs. Its a typical coffee book table kinda book. You can probably use to to get some ideas. Its as thick as a phonebook.

;)

as thick as phonebook?? waah then quite worth it haha ;p

just fyi, this book has been out for at least 1-2 months already.

it's super icon.

it's a good book meaning you will find and see lots of good works of fashion photography (albeit repetitive) through the course of browsing the book. and then you'll start to realise that leslie kee is human after all because there are some things you will feel that you can replicate (perhaps).

it's still a good book i keep it in my office and flip through when i'm bored.

i know this might offend some, might start a war, (please don't thanks) but i feel that john clang's stuff seem a little more creative than leslie's.

FYI, Those who do not wish to purchase his book can still view his exact whole collection onlineat his website. I forgot the name of the website already so have to find it yourself. But its worth it!!! I was at the Idn Conference where he gave a speech. COOL!

Its not a matter of who is more creative than the other. Leslie's and CLANG's work are just different.

You should all take a look at YangTan's work.

Here's the link to the magazine : SuperMag

Leslie Kee is someone I personally admire and respect. I have a copy of SUPER and it is really really beautiful. Though we have different sensibility but I can appreciate the beauty of his work. I strongly recommend everyone to take a look or even buy a copy. The design is done by my mentor, Theseus Chan,
and he is someone we ought to recognise. He is simply a genius!!!

Also...besides Leslie, my other all time favourite Singaporean Fashion Photographers are Kirby Koh (base in London), Chuando (a fashion genius base in Singapore) and ,of course, Geoff Ang (need no introduction).
These small group of people help make Singapore a more prominent and mysterious place to the world outside the island. My kudos to them.

There's also 6 new Singaporean 'kid' that I believe will truly shine in near future.
They are Jonathon Tay, Roy Zhang, Jimmy Foo, DC Chang, GT Gan and Xuan Ong.

I'm very excited with this new pool of local talents. They are original and inspiring to many. Let's hope we all work towards a better Singapore photography scene.

Lovesss*Clang

i heard of gan gt many times... have not met him yet though

johnclang said:
Leslie Kee is someone I personally admire and respect. I have a copy of SUPER and it is really really beautiful. Though we have different sensibility but I can appreciate the beauty of his work. I strongly recommend everyone to take a look or even buy a copy. The design is done by my mentor, Theseus Chan,
and he is someone we ought to recognise. He is simply a genius!!!

Also...besides Leslie, my other all time favourite Singaporean Fashion Photographers are Kirby Koh (base in London), Chuando (a fashion genius base in Singapore) and ,of course, Geoff Ang (need no introduction).
These small group of people help make Singapore a more prominent and mysterious place to the world outside the island. My kudos to them.

There's also 6 new Singaporean 'kid' that I believe will truly shine in near future.
They are Jonathon Tay, Roy Zhang, Jimmy Foo, DC Chang, GT Gan and Xuan Ong.

I'm very excited with this new pool of local talents. They are original and inspiring to many. Let's hope we all work towards a better Singapore photography scene.

Lovesss*Clang
how come we have another jc?

oh jonathan tay use to be from groovystudio but i think he is out on his own, ya saw some of his fashion work real good including an ad he did for O&M singapore too. He was new york if i am not wrong. Saw him once at Wee khim's studio during new years eve party, very young and handsome dude not to forget stylish, if i am not wrong Mr. Clang was also there with your wife. man you guys are people who i admire.

Go get July's harpersbazaar (singapore) $5 loads of photographers contributions and one of them is Gan.

A friend just finished Roy's website, go to www.royzhang.com really liked his DBS woman's card thingy

zekai said:
i heard of gan gt many times... have not met him yet though

Zplus said:

;)
the nude pictures are actually bondage pics in a BDSM setting by a japanese photographer.

reachme2003 said:
the nude pictures are actually bondage pics in a BDSM setting by a japanese photographer.

is the japanese photograher using leica, very well known for soft core pictures and in his fifties?

I remembered that his name is Akira ....something. As I was browsing, I may have missed his photo.

thanks for correcting and providing his link.

the asian models towards the end of the book are absolutely gorgeous.
I wonder if we'll see more asian models in international publications in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.