Super Budget Product Photography?

Ok I get what you're trying to do.
But i haven't been swayed. The photo doesn't entice me to go out and buy that pair of headphones :)

But anyway wrong place to be posting photo after photo :) this one not gallery section.
Cheers!
Haha yeah.. I still have alot to improve on.. In terms of my Photography skills and Editing Skills..

beebeeice said:
Haha yeah.. I still have alot to improve on.. In terms of my Photography skills and Editing Skills..

Don't give up! If you want to improve, I'm sure you will :)
Maybe can post just a few selected photos in still-life gallery, and seek critique from members there.

Here comes my super budget set up.

Results look like this 8D

I use long shutter and slowly paint my light and shadow on my figurines.
Meaning to say it'll work as long as you have torchlight, just a matter of how patient you are! XD

Last edited:
nice pictures turtle-san! although it makes me feel wrong looking at them XD

Nope I don't, there are many cases as I've mentioned before; I paint my light slowly.

What I mean is I turn my shutter on bulb mode with remote control. I take the lamp and move around to create various lighting conditions I want. I can use a torchlight a create all rim, key and fill light as I want to.

By looking at my photo you could probably guess where I shone my lamp at actually. 8D

Anyway my method is real cheap but definitely not the most effective in terms of speed.

It's a lot on trial and error and many retakes to get the ideal lighting you want.

Though I must say it's pretty damn fun.

This is lighted with just a SAF torchlight (as good as free!) The eyes have LED inside so yeah.

Anyway my method is real cheap but definitely not the most effective in terms of speed.

It's a lot on trial and error and many retakes to get the ideal lighting you want.

Though I must say it's pretty damn fun.

This is lighted with just a SAF torchlight (as good as free!) The eyes have LED inside so yeah.
You do, do PP after u take the shot right?

i have to agree on that. there is no mood in "hardware" to induce a sales, then again this is not the critique folder either.

apart from the above material, can also consider a transparent perspex that you can lay a colored paper (eg white/ black/ red) below to give a reflective surface below.