SUPER BIG MO : Provia 400F bulk roll - testing response

Status
Not open for further replies.

sequitur

Apr 17, 2003
flickr.com
hi guys,

walked into ruby and CP today to ask about provia 400F bulk roll. anyway it's about $135-$140 a tin of 100ft (about 19/20 rolls of 36).

who is interested ?

basically to conduct a successful MO for this film, ruby says we need 44 tins. CP says we need 50 tins.

this is a little, yeah, because the total cost will around $5000.

i dunno what and how, but if anybody is interested maybe can reply in this thread and gauge response.

some background on 400F

1. it's a fuji slide
2. this one is bulk rolled
3. works well between EI 400 - EI 3200. (or ASA, or ISO, same same lah)
4. known to give good results at iso 1600.

one boxed roll of 400f is $11.50-$11.80 @ CP, $13 @ ruby. there aren't really any "Buy more get cheaper" kind of deal. the real deal is to get bulk rolls.

anybody interested ?

Silverelf said:
I am interested but I don't know how to roll the film leh.........

Get the bulk loader and follow the instruction here . Courtesy from our fellow mod, Bluestrike.

Me, interested too. :D

Hey guys,

I will do bulk roll services for those interested.

USUALLY, one tin of 100 ft can be rolled into 20 rolls of 36 exposures each.

I will charge a service charge of $30.00 per tin. At $135 per tin of Provia 400F, with the service charge, each roll will cost you about $8.25.

:D What say you?

Please PM me if interested.

-__*

please keep the thread clean, thanks.

i'm trying to gauge RESPONSE TO INTEREST IN MO, not response in bulk roll services. you could advertise but i'd appreciate if you advertise in a new thread, thanks.

guys, please give an indication how many tins you will want. remember that one tin can roll 19/20 rolls of 36.

okay let's do it this format
(for e.g... just continue the namelist by cut and pasting)

-----------------------------

1. sequitur - 2 tins

1. sequitur - 2 tins
2. sumball - 1 tin for the time being

wah 1 tin.

very hard leh. haha i have to make 44 tins !!!

Guys if you're serious about using bulk film, roll them into canisters yourselves and save the money others charge for doing it (which is not worth if you think about it). At worst share the equipment cost among a group - it's cheaper and saves money for everyone.

I'm using less slide film now otherwise I'll join the MO. Have fun with the Provia 400 - it's a superb film!

yeah.
one bulk roller costs less than $100.

as for the provia 400..

looks like response not good.

i need 50 tins leh come on man guys.

1. sequitur - 2 tins
3. swizard - 1 tin @ the moment (better than nothing... ;) )

i can take 2 to move things along...

1. sequitur - 2 tins
3. swizard - 1 tin @ the moment
4. Larry - 2 tins

lol

i think can really give up on the MO already

:(

response really bad

but 400f is a really good slide man.

Sigh. Cant we just buy 1 tin..Someone have $5000 to spare and he can sell 400f @ a cheaper price and we can all buy from him :think:

how long Can I store them in fridge?
1 year?

thanks

einstein why don't you order all and i buy from you ten tins at a cheap price ? hehhehheh :p

usually they have a lifespan of 2 years.

1. sequitur - 2 tins
3. hyun - 1 tin (need to reconfirm since we're nowhere near 44 tins)

lol this ain't working out well

i guess people who need provia 400F can always go get it from the shops.

it costs about $12 for a roll of 400F. absolute daylight robbery man.

why bother with the MO? I thought it's $135-$140 per tin already, even if you buy only one?? that's already quite cheap.

If you can find even one tin of 400f for sale in singapore, i'm willing to buy it from you for $160.
$180 even.

for those who don't know what i'm talking about, provia 400f bulk roll... for some reason it's not very popular, although it IS a very good slide. it's the definitive slide for pushing... all the way up till iso 3200 (of course most people recommend not going beyond 1600). as such this bulk roll of 400f has been discontinued from fuji themselves. in order to get fuji to roll bulk roll tins, we need yes 44-50 tins of order from ruby or cathay, and they will in turn order directly from fuji, who will roll their 400f into bulk rolls.

if not just buy 400f in the packet rolls.

20 rolls of 400f will cost $230+.

if you bulk roll it'll cost $140 or thereabouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.