suntax 9000 quick and FZ10

Status
Not open for further replies.

incubus

Nov 3, 2004
galaxy far far away
www.shahrulazmi.com
hi i juz got a used FZ10 today (woo hoo!!), im quite concerned regarding the external flash. my brother has a suntax 9000 quick flash from his previous slr camera. dunno wat the voltage is. dun have a voltmeter handy, made a search at the forums here but didnt get anythin. anyone knows where the suntax website is??
anyone has any info with the flash that i have??

incubus said:
hi i juz got a used FZ10 today (woo hoo!!), im quite concerned regarding the external flash. my brother has a suntax 9000 quick flash from his previous slr camera. dunno wat the voltage is. dun have a voltmeter handy, made a search at the forums here but didnt get anythin. anyone knows where the suntax website is??

The easiest way is to send an email to Suntax to check with them. They should be able to tell you.

Also, their response to email is relatively fast. :)

incubus said:

visit http://www.suntax.com.sg/Default.asp

Howdy said:
Should be 3.8v which is safe for FZ10, see below for response from others :)

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=101111&highlight=suntax+9000

maybe so, but i went to their webbie and saw that they dun have my model
not the exact name anyway. the pics all have their names and models printed
mine juz says suntax 9000 quick.. a search on yahho only came out a few hits. not much info abt it.
:think:

just a suggestion, why don't you buy a flash for your fz10 since you are unsure of the voltage? As far as i gather from other os website, the flash for older cameras are usually higher.
You can either try the suntax new digital flash or the one that i am currently using for my fz10, brand is emoblitz,model ds328az..it has bounce,swivel,zoom but most important has a reasonably good guide number of 28m (can shoot further)....The result so far is quite good..

thanks for the suggestion, how much does dat flash retail for??

well the story is dat i got the FZ10 used, im sort of paying in installments of 2 payments. for the first payment i got the FZ10 plus a tcon17 and a yoshida adaptor. second payment will be with a vivitar external flash and 128 sdcard. the rest of the package like cables and such i already own.
i thot gettin the tcon first was a good idea since my bro has an external flash, the seller did tell me abt the ext flash prob.
i already mailed suntax but they dun seem tohave the same model listed on their website.

thanks for yoour inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.