Sunshine after Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovc17m

Nov 11, 2006
Taken yesterday morning after 3 days of heavy rainstorm.

C&Cs appreciated. :)

sunlight_after_storm.jpg

I appreciate your concept but the picture doesnt fulfill
It might be good as the last picture in a series, with the rest being done in moody b&w showing rain & clouds perhaps

Then this piture would have more context & become interesting
Some additonal details like a wet paper & steam from the cups would have been nice too

The crop is too loose too
Keep trying :thumbsup:

oh, after looking at drama's reply, i noticed the concept in this photo. I'd agree with drama that your concept is good, but also not to deny the fact that, for a picture to be a piece of good photo, u need to frame it and compose it the way that will attract viewer's attention and to further explore the photo, which you'd failed.

there's no point posting a photo in the critique forum when the most basic composition failed, isn't it? ;)

keep trying.. :angel:

Thanks for the great comments. Deeply appreciated... :) Would love to join in some outings organised here for newbies in the near future to pick up advanced skills on photography.

Merry X'mas!

you gotta be kidding...
wassup!

first glance I see 2 OOF coffee cups. looking around.. hey nothing is in focus.. and no sun.. hunt a bit more.. i see some bright light.. oh.. the newspaper is in focus..

The title and pic don't match.

took a second look while typing this post.. then i noticed the paper says 'hours of rain'...

Somehow it nothing seems to fit in.

haha.... this photo....keep me laughing...you are so funny....

........... keep shooting....... if you like this chain of thought...

Try using Lomo... the Lomo people will go crazy, especially if you add some light leaks..

I shall be frank. I see no effort in expression, no effort in composition, and no effort of vetting the results of the photograph.

In essence, to me this photograph is simply taken willy nilly and placed smack in the middle of all this to ask for comments and hoping everybody could solve and tell the photographer the problem.

This is like designing a car or a building without knowing what it's going to look like and hopefully the inspector would be kind enough (or helpful enough) to gladly tell you all the problems.

Dude!! Not asking you to be high brow or anything but GO LOOK at some of the photographs, artbooks or what not and get inspired first!!! Get an idea before rushing into things!!

Appreciated all the critics that you guys have input. Now I really know how badly I fare and be more cautious if I post any more photos for C&C in the future, if there is.

idea is there, but not the composition...

I will say, dun get put down.

A better take is focus on the kopi.. now its on the newspaper..
u dun find it darn irritating with a out of focus kopi??
move the kopi abit. to get more of the shadow in play..
so ppl now its sunshine now or wat.. play more with the side light.
n the kopi is in the rule of 3rd.. or is it 2nd? hehe.. n out of focus??
a no no..

My idea if you want to fit your theme.

Stuffs to include -
Newspaper (full header)
Kopi (if u want them)
Droplet of water (to show after the rain)
Sidelight hitting into the kopi tiam

i think it would be better if it's in b&w and maybe changing the title to something like " morning kopi" would be more relatable.

Cheers ;)

Appreciated all the critics that you guys have input. Now I really know how badly I fare and be more cautious if I post any more photos for C&C in the future, if there is.

Dont be discouraged :)
You had a good vision, albeit a difficult one, to capture in a single shot
Keep working & you will get it right
Dont be afraid to see & try

I think it would be better if you staged more "drama" into it, e.g. shoot a steaming old style cup of kopi and toast, with sunrays through a rain drop splattered window :) If wanna impress, go all the way ;)

the pic doesnt suit the topic. :) Dont worry shoot more n improve. Everyone go through this stage too.

Status
Not open for further replies.