Flash Off

becca8.jpg

Canon PowerShot A80
Shutter Speed 1/80
Aperture Value 8.0
Flash Off

used any filters?
what aperture? shutter speed?

Nope...no filters. Shot with canon a80, aperture f4.0, shutter speed 1/320.
(tt's the second pic) the second was shot without a tripod...

I think i like the first one better. It can be use for some advertising shots to make people ponder about life. Haha, am i thinking too much? The second one gives a tropical mood, tropical feel.

I got sunset shots too, care to view at my sunset ?
;)

Cool! I saw ur shots...Which pt of Malaysia? U r a student rite? I'm 15...u?

tkdwhiz1188 said:
Cool! I saw ur shots...Which pt of Malaysia? U r a student rite? I'm 15...u?

Haha, how did u know i'm a student? was it written in my profile? OK, i'm an old student, turning 23 in March, studying in NTU now. It's cool that you're taking pictures at 15 yeah? Good to start young, i only started this hobby last year and i love every bits of it!~ Haha... :)

I guess i'm in for the 'tropical' ish shot ;) ...

it's very nice !!! Except that..the black "stick" thing jutting out is really distracting..

Oh yes, which brings me to a question i've always wanted to ask..

I've got alot of shots like this..where there's simply something i have to remove. How do you get rid of that black pole, and fill in the remainder of the sky colours without making that portion look distorted? :dunno:

I know you can clone the colours and all.. but it looks kinda patchy.. especially, for example, against the shadows of leaves or objects with alot of grooves and 'movements'.

Anyone? :cry:

Pinkishy said:
I guess i'm in for the 'tropical' ish shot ;) ...

it's very nice !!! Except that..the black "stick" thing jutting out is really distracting..

Oh yes, which brings me to a question i've always wanted to ask..

I've got alot of shots like this..where there's simply something i have to remove. How do you get rid of that black pole, and fill in the remainder of the sky colours without making that portion look distorted? :dunno:

I know you can clone the colours and all.. but it looks kinda patchy.. especially, for example, against the shadows of leaves or objects with alot of grooves and 'movements'.

Anyone? :cry:

I would want to know too! Let me know if pple pm u ok? ;p
thanks pinkie...

Hi Pinkishy and ordinaryless,

The best way to remove those "distracting elements" from your picture is rather simple actually: just take time to look at your composition and try to avoid them by moving yourself around before pressing the shutter. Pay attention to the background when you compose and look for any distracting elements that are not related to the subject. :)

But if you really need to remove anything from the picture, here is how you do it in PS: zoom into the picture more then its actual size so that you can see clearly, then make use of "clone tool" or "heal tool" to clone the nearby areas to the areas you want to remove. Pay attention to the texture when you are doing so. The clone tool copies exactly the source area to the target area, whereas the heal tool compares the 2 areas and tries to remove the differences. It will be a painstaking process to do it right, and some purists would consider removing objects from the picture as cheating. :)

ziploc said:
Hi Pinkishy and ordinaryless,

The best way to remove those "distracting elements" from your picture is rather simple actually: just take time to look at your composition and try to avoid them by moving yourself around before pressing the shutter. Pay attention to the background when you compose and look for any distracting elements that are not related to the subject. :)

But if you really need to remove anything from the picture, here is how you do it in PS: zoom into the picture more then its actual size so that you can see clearly, then make use of "clone tool" or "heal tool" to clone the nearby areas to the areas you want to remove. Pay attention to the texture when you are doing so. The clone tool copies exactly the source area to the target area, whereas the heal tool compares the 2 areas and tries to remove the differences. It will be a painstaking process to do it right, and some purists would consider removing objects from the picture as cheating. :)

Hey hey hey ziploc,

you've been one of a big help, i'll try it out and let u know how it goes! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.