Sunsets & Skies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
My favourite photography subjects: the sun and the sky. Taken by EOS 300, 28-90mm, Fuji Superia 200 (haven't ventured into slides yet). Scanned and adjusted to match actual photo prints.

film8.jpg

film9.jpg

film10.jpg

film12.jpg

thanks all, yup these are all shot in Singapore. Sometimes you'd be surprised at the kind of skies and sunset/sunrise you get over here. Here's another one, a more wide-angled version of the 4th photo.

film13.jpg

excellent shots. where did you take them from?

Originally posted by munfai
excellent shots. where did you take them from?

thanks, the first two are taken from NUS towards the PSA direction (can see faint silhouette of cranes in the background), the others are taken by my home window, somewhere in Bedok.

kewl... my room window give me a full-face view of another block. extremely interesting. :(

Originally posted by Tweek
thanks all, yup these are all shot in Singapore. Sometimes you'd be surprised at the kind of skies and sunset/sunrise you get over here. Here's another one, a more wide-angled version of the 4th photo.

film13.jpg

This is the best! :thumbsup: ;)

thanks Prime. :) Just realised that most of them look a bit under when viewed from the monitor in the school's comp cluster. Hmmm does anyone think any of these shots should be a little brighter instead?

Nice shots Tweek :)

Are you able to get the same results on ur C700UZ?

Last tried on my C2040Z was disastrous, I dun even dare to post it :(

Originally posted by Flare
I feel it looks great, no need to brighten it... spot metered? Becareful when shooting the sun using SLR tho... don't burn a hole in your retina...

Sunrise/sunsets are ok for the eyes, otherwise you won't have people watching them.

Originally posted by Flare
I feel it looks great, no need to brighten it... spot metered? Becareful when shooting the sun using SLR tho... don't burn a hole in your retina...

THanks. I think the sch's PC not calibrated. It looks fine too on my home PC. No didn't use spot meter, EOS300 doesn't have spot metering, in fact, it only has 1 type of metering, which is....erm...evaluative I think? Not sure...

Originally posted by Blitz
Nice shots Tweek :)

Are you able to get the same results on ur C700UZ?

Thanks :) I guess I can't get the same results, perhaps due to the different dynamic range. I'm a little more reserved taking sunsets with the digicam cos of fear of frying the CCD, sometimes the sun rays can still be quite intense. But one day I'd like to try taking the same sunset scene with both film and digital and see the difference.

Gawd..the 2nd piccy looks surreal...
:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Tweek

THanks. I think the sch's PC not calibrated. It looks fine too on my home PC. No didn't use spot meter, EOS300 doesn't have spot metering, in fact, it only has 1 type of metering, which is....erm...evaluative I think? Not sure...

Nope.... you are wrong.... The EOS 300 has three metering systems. Evaluative metering, Parital Metering and Centre Weighted Metering.

The evaluative metering system is the standard mode. Partial Metering is activated when the AE lock is used. (9.5% of viewfinder screen at centre). Centre Weight is activated in the <M> mode.

BTW, it's my first post there. kekeke.... Hope to know you all better!

Regards.

Originally posted by mervlam

Nope.... you are wrong.... The EOS 300 has three metering systems. Evaluative metering, Parital Metering and Centre Weighted Metering.

The evaluative metering system is the standard mode. Partial Metering is activated when the AE lock is used. (9.5% of viewfinder screen at centre). Centre Weight is activated in the <M> mode.

BTW, it's my first post there. kekeke.... Hope to know you all better!

Regards.

really?? Hmmm time to check back on the manual again...thanks! Sorry huh I use my digicam more often than the EOS 300 so not very sure. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.