Sunsets in Bali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jia Wang

Feb 20, 2004
Starry Night
www.pbase.com
Spent 3 days in a row on beaches in Bali last week just to see nice sunsets... Ended up with these... the rest of the series are here

Enjoy... And critiques are most welcomed... Thanks... :)

1) Fisherman admiring sunset after a long day at sea (Jimbaran, Bali)
IMG_6264%7E0.jpg

2) Sitting beside the sun (Jimbaran - Bali)
IMG_6271%7E0.jpg

3) Crash landing into the sun (Jimbaran - Bali)
IMG_6309%7E0.jpg

4) Lighting up cigeratte with the Sun (Kuta Beach - Bali)
IMG_5602%7E0.jpg

5) Powerpuff Gal (Kuta Beach - Bali)
IMG_5601%7E0.jpg

6) Lady admiring sunset alone... (Kuta Beach - Bali)
151_5190%7E0.jpg

7) Band of Brothers... Kuta Style (Kuta Beach - Bali)
152_5208%7E0.jpg

8) Bottle opener waiting to be used under the sunset (Kuta Beach - Bali)
IMG_5541%7E0.jpg

wow! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i like the last one, something different :)

Yup, the last one is different & good!
Well done! :thumbsup:

regards
..NuTs..

hey :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to you

Excellent series , i thoroughly enjoyed it ! made me feel warm even though i'm freezing now. Oh yeah , i have to mention the last one with the bottle opener .. I love the atmosphere in that shot, the framing with the tree and the little color from the bottles .. lovely ..

and the other shots are the one in the fishing village ..

thanks for sharing and brightening up my day !

(y).,. encourage me to improve my skill.. :)

Nice colour.

Like the 1st one best.

Question: Why is most of the pic in portraits layout? Any reason?

I think if you place anything against the sunset, you'll get about the same monotonous pictures like these.

Thanks everyone, for your kind compliments... :)

Ordinaryless - these shots were taken with the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 EX APO HSM lens on my EOS 300D. PS was used to add a bit of contrast and USM, that's all.

Binbeto - Yup, many of my sunset shots were done in portrait, rather than landscape. Two reasons:
(i) Kuta beach was too crowded with people. I would have too many distracting stuff on either sides if I did landscape.
(ii) The subjects in the foreground are not too far away from me (abt 5-8 m away), so I would not capture enough of the setting sun background if I did landscape. Also, I intended to show some color gradient of the sky by doing portrait.

Minoxman - Thanks for your comments. Frankly, I've not considered that before. I appreciate that cos' I shall pay more attention to such details in future. Thanks again :)

Minoxman said:
I think if you place anything against the sunset, you'll get about the same monotonous pictures like these.

:bsmilie: maybe u can do just that and show us then. avoid such negative comments if u can. give more constructive ones if u can. this forum is for us all to share and learn.

renegade ; relac brudder .. i think its a valid n frank point that Minoxman made .. and i think that JW took it in his stride and learnt something. ;)

Jazer said:
renegade ; relac brudder .. i think its a valid n frank point that minomax made .. and i think that JW took it in his stride and learnt something. ;)

hmm okie okie. sorry guys, maybe i just felt that JW's pics are good and calling them 'monotonous' is unfair to him. hmm.

like the sun of #3 pic, sad part got bridge and plane distract, if pure sunset... i think super good.

#1, and last two pic my fav. keep sharing!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.