Sunset.

twilightreap

Jan 29, 2011
DSC02435.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
I just recently got my zoom lens for my NEX-5 and wanted to try it out. I wish to know weather if I've Used my zoom lens correctly. Also comments on the composition, the colour and the overall feel of this photo.
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I wanted to take a shot of the sunset with the orange-y sky and also the dark silhouette of the buildings.
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I took it from outside my house, using my 18-200mm lens. I lowered the EV to -1.7 to get the dark silhouette of the building.
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I think the dark silhouette of the building wasn't done so well as the are all clumped up together and takes up the bottom of the whole photo. I really like the colour of this photo but I think the focus could have been better.
Constructive Criticism is welcomed. Thanks. :)

AFAIK zoom lense only need to twist and turn to use correctly. Jokes aside, you need a strong main subject in any photograph and as you said it's lacking here. Shoot something nicer now that you have confidence in your equipment, you will get more comments too.

Hi,

Nice skies you have there, but as like foxtwo said, you need a strong main subjects or at least some things to make it more interesting.

Also, I tot silhouettes are supposed to be black and no "internal" details? *correct me if I'm wrong, I only remember "SAF Figure 16 & 11"* If you will be shooting silhouettes, I would prefer something of different shapes and sizes to make the composition more interesting. Currently it's almost flat....

Just $0.02 from a newbie :)