Sunset Way (Clementi side) Railway tracks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
wonder if anyone living in dat area can help me out? :embrass:

i've found instructions on how to get to the railway storage site at Tanjong Pagar after a search. however, i can't find my way ard the abandoned railway tracks near sunset way. i tried Google Earth to see where i can park, then walk. but Google Earth's map resolution is not dat detailed.

does anyone know where i can park, then walk up to the tracks (esp the bridge dat spans across the canal, opposite the old Mowbray Camp)? TIA. :)

nightwolf75 said:
wonder if anyone living in dat area can help me out? :embrass:

i've found instructions on how to get to the railway storage site at Tanjong Pagar after a search. however, i can't find my way ard the abandoned railway tracks near sunset way. i tried Google Earth to see where i can park, then walk. but Google Earth's map resolution is not dat detailed.

does anyone know where i can park, then walk up to the tracks (esp the bridge dat spans across the canal, opposite the old Mowbray Camp)? TIA. :)
eh bro...you cannot take photographs at the railway storage site. I was chased out that time, they had a tiny winy "no photography" sign which its not obvious at all.

alechim said:
eh bro...you cannot take photographs at the railway storage site. I was chased out that time, they had a tiny winy "no photography" sign which its not obvious at all.

i know... read dat thread in CS already. dats why i wanna find my way to sunset way cos its abandoned. the tracks near my home is still in use. so, can't go there...

now where's kennyleong when i need him.... :think:

nightwolf75 said:
however, i can't find my way ard the abandoned railway tracks near sunset way. i tried Google Earth to see where i can park, then walk. but Google Earth's map resolution is not dat detailed.

There are a lot of URA/HDB car parks at the nearby housing estates on both sides of the canal. Even from Clementi Central/MRT, it is only a few minutes to walk.

The tracks may not be completely abandoned. I saw workers doing what looked like maintenance stuff on the bridge recently.

if you want to park your car at Sunset Way, it will be here
Google Earth Location 1°19'21.89"N, 103°46'7.46"E
Clementi Side
Google Earth Location 1°19'18.38"N, 103°45'56.90"E

Just type in the Fly To box

I'm using the latest version of Google Earth, the resolution is good.

Drive into Sunset Way from Clementi Road and you could park at the various HDB carpark 200m down the road on the left. The rail is just at the entrance of Blk 104 Clementi St 14. There are many HDB lots inside.

You need to do some 'bashing through' in order to get up to the rail from either side of the road. Beware though cause the rail tracks look abit worn and loose to walk on.

Good luck!

Cheers

Drudkh said:
Clementi Side

thanks, drudkh! i'm using the v.3.0.0762... mebbe i zoomed in too close lah...

checking out ur directions now. ;)

uncle_catz said:
Drive into Sunset Way from Clementi Road and you could park at the various HDB carpark 200m down the road on the left. The rail is just at the entrance of Blk 104 Clementi St 14. There are many HDB lots inside.

You need to do some 'bashing through' in order to get up to the rail from either side of the road. Beware though cause the rail tracks look abit worn and loose to walk on.

Good luck!

Cheers

thanks! haha... just found the blk u mentioned from drudkh's coordinates. yeah... the satellite map shows heavy foliage... :confused:

now, where's dat old NS parang of mine.... :sweat:

nightwolf75 said:
thanks! haha... just found the blk u mentioned from drudkh's coordinates. yeah... the satellite map shows heavy foliage... :confused:

now, where's dat old NS parang of mine.... :sweat:
Hmm thinking of going there for a shoot also...:think:

nightwolf75 said:
u on leave tomorrow mah?
tomorrow big things coming up..cannot take leave ah..but im going science park

Drudkh said:
Clementi Side

The railway is that stretch of bridge which hang over the canal???

nightwolf75 said:
i know... read dat thread in CS already. dats why i wanna find my way to sunset way cos its abandoned. the tracks near my home is still in use. so, can't go there...

now where's kennyleong when i need him.... :think:

hey bro, i live in sunset way, and know how to get up there, if u wanna go sometime we can give it a go.

alechim said:

yep. zoom in close enuf and u can actually see the railway line's metal frame.

wildstallion - thanks! keke... at this rate, this is going to be an outing. care to be our tour guide? :D

actually hor, i'v never been there all my life. :embrass:

alechim said:
The white bridge is the human bridge, to the left you see a black one, that's the railway bridge. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.