Sunset @ TLV

Status
Not open for further replies.
3095053701_50f9874948_o.jpg

Was browsing through some old pics and I managed to find one that captured my attention. Decided to share it with CSers here...

For backgound info, the pic was taken at Tel Aviv beach last summer. Composing this image is straightforward as everything was so right at that moment.. the light, the sun and the clouds...

C & C welcome.

Last edited:
Not So Straight Forward

PLS READ BEFORE POSTING - Important Notice to all making Critique Requests
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273376

Thanks for the reminder. Nonetheless, this post seeks comments / inputs on how the viewer feels when he / she sees this pic. To me, the sky was dramatic, the image gives a feel of surreal.

Do tell me what do you think. :D

Hi,
well, since you say its from tel-aviv..the sun will be the same yellow or bright orange colour in all parts of the world..i can say that it still can look like its taken from singapore.
i would usually saw this at tuas area. I am not saying that you are lying but what i wanna tell you is that your composition plays a part. You'll need to consider foreground/main object and background to make it look that its really from tel-aviv. Not that straightforward composition is bad but since its too straight forward its becomes boring to look at it after a while.

Hi,
well, since you say its from tel-aviv..the sun will be the same yellow or bright orange colour in all parts of the world..i can say that it still can look like its taken from singapore.
i would usually saw this at tuas area. I am not saying that you are lying but what i wanna tell you is that your composition plays a part. You'll need to consider foreground/main object and background to make it look that its really from tel-aviv. Not that straightforward composition is bad but since its too straight forward its becomes boring to look at it after a while.

Thanks for the comments. Certainly from this image, there were no indications or signs whatsoever that tell the viewer the location where this pic was taken and that's the reason why I elaborated in my post. Nonetheless I've noted your point about taking objects that could directly or indirectly reveal the location into consideration. But well, I like the composition (although it was straightforward), the way you can see the transition from day to night.

Btw, if this is what you can find at Tuas, can you let me know exactly which spot is that? I'll like to go there...

Here's my example shots - Tuas West Drive

Elaboration in your post is unnecessary, cos a picture is supposed to tell a 1000 words. For this image, I'm sorry to say that you may have not quite get it right yet, brader. Keep learning, keep shooting yea?

Elaboration in your post is unnecessary, cos a picture is supposed to tell a 1000 words. For this image, I'm sorry to say that you may have not quite get it right yet, brader. Keep learning, keep shooting yea?

woahh cheguthamrin, your that link of photos you took are great! awesome!

Thanks for sharing this location... Gotta plan for a trip down to shoot there one day. The thing about taking a sunset pic in Singapore is that it is almost impossible to capture a clean horizon without the trees, ships etc. On the other hand, it's a spectacular view to see the sun disappearing into the horizon within just a few seconds at TLV!

Btw, I like what you said about a pic should be telling a thousand words although I noticed that you did elaborated in your posts as well.

Sure I'll keep learning and shooting... Thanks for the advice!

It really depends on what you want to tell with the image. If you want someone to look at it and say "oh, this is Tel Aviv", then the image probably failed in this aspect.

However, it is quite a good capture nonetheless, though perhaps I'd like to see a slight bit more exposure (maybe just 1/3-stop) and stronger colours.

It really depends on what you want to tell with the image. If you want someone to look at it and say "oh, this is Tel Aviv", then the image probably failed in this aspect.

However, it is quite a good capture nonetheless, though perhaps I'd like to see a slight bit more exposure (maybe just 1/3-stop) and stronger colours.

Okay, noted your point on the use of words for the thread title. Thanks for your advice on how I can improve my work!

Your take is nice. Only thing is the sun too small:) And too low.

After a 2nd look today and some other post from others...i can see that for this kinda shot, maybe you can compose the sun a little off centre...and then a panoramic crop at one third of this picture would be nice too, colours are already sweet...but whats the aperture setting as i can see that its blurr at the horizon......you had already taken a good picture, the only thing now, you have to make it a better one...

Giving me too much of the head titled up till giddy feeling. The picture is driving me out of the frame instead of driving me to the egg yolk. My take is to give the sea a fair share of the picture.

After a 2nd look today and some other post from others...i can see that for this kinda shot, maybe you can compose the sun a little off centre...and then a panoramic crop at one third of this picture would be nice too, colours are already sweet...but whats the aperture setting as i can see that its blurr at the horizon......you had already taken a good picture, the only thing now, you have to make it a better one...

f/8 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.