Sunset over my school

agentxq49

Jun 1, 2009
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13741402@N00/4733714435/

4733714435_759b007597_b.jpg

First and foremost, the colors are different between Photoshop and my image viewer (Faststone), But the same when uploaded to flickr compared to photoshop. Anyway to calibrate my image viewer or change the settings to get a consistency?

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Would like to ask esp on color and post processing of this work. I have an earlier version which i uploaded too, with some difference in exposure and stuff, comments on it?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13741402@N00/4734343152/

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

Its a piece that i'm planing to use for submission for AP art, under a section called Breath, which explores one's artistic attributes outside of a chosen theme.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

I was just walking back to my hostel room (school boarding program, compulsory for all students) and i see this view. Stood there for 5 seconds looking at it, and was deciding to take photos or not. Missed the first view, but a even better one came up half a minute later.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

I find it good. However, i do not have a calibrated screen, so my colors are running all over the place.

It's dramatic !

someone might see a halo at some HDB block, maybe too much tweaking.

oh, its HDR :D

i love this! care to share your post processing procedure? :)

i really love it. where is this anw?

Great job!

i love this! care to share your post processing procedure? :)

i really love it. where is this anw?

Great job!

This is clementi, the right side of the photo is clementi central.

I didnt have any filters with me, so i did HDR. Then using photoshop, i slowly removed and fixed the glow that most HDRs have, and did the usual color and curves tweaking :D

It look as if it was right out of a movie! Simply amazing! :)

First and foremost, the colors are different between Photoshop and my image viewer (Faststone), But the same when uploaded to flickr compared to photoshop. Anyway to calibrate my image viewer or change the settings to get a consistency?
You cannot calibrate an image viewer.
Either the viewer is colour profile aware or not. If not then the viewer will render whatever it thinks it correct, ignoring all information in the embedded profile. Solution: use only programs that are colour profile aware.

Either the viewer is colour profile aware or not. If not then the viewer will render whatever it thinks it correct, ignoring all information in the embedded profile. Solution: use only programs that are colour profile aware.

Any that you would recommend? ;p

Found out that Faststone has color management profiles. Just need to enable them under settings ;p

Kinda like the sun ray coming out... Looks marvelous.
Awesome.

Ratio is 16:9 or higher?

:thumbsup:

Awesome color!

pretty nice.

the problem here lies with the light, left side has some blocks glowing, right side has some blocks with way too much detail for the lighting, the ones that are brighter.

other than that, i have never found strong green tones in a sunset very acceptable, so the color palette is horrible for me, though i do like the drama in the skies.

quite a good composition that makes full use of the scene you were presented with. just have to work on the treatment.