Sunset in Gulf of Mexico #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungt23

Mar 3, 2007
Houston, Tx USA
Here is another sunset in the Gulf of Mexico, near Cozumel. I played with this picture using Picasa2, a program installed on my PC at work. Let me know what you think.
Thanks.

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
good light, but the foreground does not appeal at all, perhaps a semi-pano crop will improve the picture , try 16:9 or 20:9 format, crop from the top and remove the bottom uninteresting portion.

even then though, while the clouds you have here are no doubt interesting, the ship inclusion adds some interest; somehow this picture is lacking something. i'm not quite sure what it is but i thought zooming in a little to get closer to the ship, and thus get a firmer "anchor" on the viewer's attention might be a good idea. but i understand this may be due to lack of equipment.

that said the processing here is fine, there is something wrong about the horizon that i cannot place my fingers on though; it seems like there is an over distinct line, but this could be because of the light.

The foreground is not appealing enough. The clouds are nice with the light coming from behind the clouds.

It will be a great image if you can improve the foreground. Perhaps you can add some luminosity to it. I will suggest use the laso in photoshop to select the forground and add an adjustment layer and adjust the level from there. :)

calebk

Jul 25, 2006
Clementi
Ok I downloaded your image and played around with it. A 20:9 crop works best, but somehow , and I can't seem to place my finger on it, the blue looks a little artificial, and the image is somehow a little noisy.

hungt23

Mar 3, 2007
Houston, Tx USA
Thanks for the comments. The blue color is artificial. I used Picasa2 to fix and play around with the color. Below is the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom