Sunset @ HDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

fLiKr

Jan 22, 2009
West
Hi to all, this is the first time im posting a pic here.
Would like to grab some comments regarding the picture I took, regardless of the composition or the photo editing quality.
I was actually trying the HDR method which i read up about and took a series of shots, at different exposures intervals. They were taken at f/3.8, shutter speed of 1/1250, and at an ISO of 320. After which I did some tweaking to the Curves, Shadow/Highlight and Brightness/Contrast.
What I had in mind was to stand out the dull if not plain scenary of a sunset amongst our clusters of HDB here.
Personally, I feel that my post processing skills is not that fantastic as im just starting out doing this.
Last but not least, thank you all for your time.

Regards

SunSet
3638387808_683284ea09.jpg

Yo kennedy:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

You might want to watch out the shadows at the bottom of the house.Overall i love the sunset and the clouds.The hdr looks very natural and not overdone nice

Last edited:
if you adjust the lens distortion i think it'll look nicer.

Why take a sunset pic at f3.8?

Why take a sunset pic at f3.8?

Yes. TS should have stopped down to say f/8. Sharpness would have made for a better HDR. Also, the ISO should have been lowered as HDR processing will compound the noise however little you have from each frame. This would have also allowed you to (take and) compile more shots for your HDR so that you could preserve the details in the shadow which you are missing.

What I feel is that the sunset is blocked by the HDB flats and thus lose the charm... and you have good shutter speed, this could be further translated into better DOF with a lowered shutter speed and a smaller aperture.

As for tweaking, there is still under-exposure on the lower right side as well as the areas around the trees.

Thanks to all for your time. Overlooked the f stop part as im still fairly new to this. Nonetheless, will definitely keep all comments in mind! = ))

You might want to watch out the shadows at the bottom of the house.Overall i love the sunset and the clouds.The hdr looks very natural and not overdone nice

not overdone?

overdone for me. way too saturated, stray light flying everywhere.

other than that, why include that piece of hdb background on the right, chockful of tilts and distortion problems..

there is nice light, but that is not enough.

also, the picture is a wee bit too tight with the blocks on the right. leaving some berathing space at the top for them would do wonders here.

Status
Not open for further replies.