sunset from the 16floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob117

Oct 16, 2006
west
img5057psedmediumab5.jpg

:)

Too many straight lines in the composition. While i can see some rule of thirds in play here and some clouds to act as a leading line it does not work for me as its too straight. The horizontal line across the image leads the viewer straight in and out without any interesting element along the way. Try to find gentle S or even a diagonal curve as a leading line so the viewer takes a slower path though the pic, if not you need to place your main subject or centre of attraction right in the path of that line.

You need to ask yourself what will be the main interest in this landscape/sky. The colours? cloud formation? The way the light interacts with the landscape? What I can see here is just a single tones sunset behind the clouds. If you were intending for the sun and rays to be the main subject the large underexposed land is a big distraction.

Hope this helps somewhat :)

Oh yes and in future READ the positng guidelines in this forum. It would help greatly if you mentioned what YOU want to portray or what kind of advice you are looking for rather than just a 2 character smiley.

Too many straight lines in the composition. While i can see some rule of thirds in play here and some clouds to act as a leading line it does not work for me as its too straight. The horizontal line across the image leads the viewer straight in and out without any interesting element along the way. Try to find gentle S or even a diagonal curve as a leading line so the viewer takes a slower path though the pic, if not you need to place your main subject or centre of attraction right in the path of that line.

You need to ask yourself what will be the main interest in this landscape/sky. The colours? cloud formation? The way the light interacts with the landscape? What I can see here is just a single tones sunset behind the clouds. If you were intending for the sun and rays to be the main subject the large underexposed land is a big distraction.

Hope this helps somewhat :)

Oh yes and in future READ the positng guidelines in this forum. It would help greatly if you mentioned what YOU want to portray or what kind of advice you are looking for rather than just a 2 character smiley.

err ok i will write wad i want to portray
yesi wanted to show the sun and rays so if the land is a big distraction wad do i substitude it wif?
thx

The only thing I can think of is maybe do a series of exposure braketed shots and PS in the properly exposed land (HDR) I'm not that good with landscapes though. You can try playing around with the colours too to see if you cna find something with more impact rather than just a uniform orange/brown hue.

ok i tried HDR but failed
any links to gd guides in clubsnap?

Status
Not open for further replies.